Heifer International is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder families around the globe to become self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through economically viable agricultural enterprises.
Heifer international Kenya seeks to fill the positions below to support its country programs
Programme Manager Eastern Kenya
Eventually based in Wote, Makueni County you will oversee the implementation of the FOOD FOR ALL Project and eventually the Eastern Kenya Integrated Enterprises Project in Makueni, Machakos and Meru.
You will provide overall leadership and management of Heifer Kenya’s programmes in Eastern Kenya including managing a field office in Wote, Makueni and leading the partnership with county governments in the area.
Reporting to the Director of Programmes you will:
- Assume overall responsibility for the management of all Heifer Kenya Eastern Kenya Projects including the Food for All Project, the Eastern Kenya Integrated Enterprise Development Project and other additional Livestock and Dairy Initiatives to be developed in Eastern Kenya.
- Be responsible for the development of annual budgets and workplans and technical and financial reports for Heifer Projects in Eastern Kenya consistent with the project documents and donor contracts.
- Undertake quarterly budget monitoring and variance analysis with all project coordinators and support the projects in reviewing and tracking spending to adhere to annual budgets.
- Degree in Animal Production/Science, Veterinary Medicine, Range Management and or other equivalent qualifications plus post graduate qualifications desirable in a relevant professional discipline.
- 6 years relevant experience in extension, dairy and agribusiness work with at least 2 years at a supervisory/ managerial level.
- Thorough knowledge of programming processes, project cycle management and budget management.
- Strong donor technical and financial reporting experience and of managing donor contracts.
- Sound knowledge of agribusiness and of the dairy value chain particularly with Dairy Cooperatives in governance, business development milk bulking and marketing will be a distinct advantage
- Training Manager
- Based in the Nairobi Country Office you will provide leadership and overall support to ensure the quality and consistency of all Heifer Kenya training programs undertaken by Country Projects and partners.
- The Training manager leads in particular in the delivery of Social Capital Strengthening, Group Development, Savings and Credit Mobilization and Organizational development trainings for Country Projects, project partners, farmers and Heifer Kenya staff in accordance with Heifer objectives, policies and procedures.
- Reporting to the Director for Programmes you will:
- Be responsible for the development and updating of training modules and related training materials for Social Capital Strengthening, Savings Mobilization and Organizational Development.
- Coordinate the development of Heifer Kenya training programs including developing annual training plans and budgets and assessing the implementation and effectiveness of trainings.
- Support the undertaking and delivery of trainings and workshops including for Heifer Cornerstones, Review and Planning Processes, Group Management and Governance for Heifer staff and project partners.
- Degree in Community development, Animal Health, Social science or related field required, plus three years of experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the development sector preferably as a trainer working directly with farmers and farmer groups and farmer based organizations.
- Experience with group training and group dynamics, organizational development and savings and credit mobilization.
- Strong knowledge and experience of participatory training methodologies and in the development and application of training modules.
How to Apply
To apply for these positions please visit www.heifer.org/careers
Closing date for all applications Friday September 11, 2015