Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is a state corporation whose mandate is to source funds and provide loans, scholarships and bursaries to Kenyans studying in recognised institutions of higher learning.
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Corporate Communications & Marketing Officer.
HELB is looking for highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self-driven individual of high integrity who is able to demonstrate skills and competence to fill the position.
The Position: Reporting to the Corporate Communications & Customer Experience Manager, the Corporate Communications and Marketing Officer will drive execution of HELB Corporate Communication activities, events and Brand Management whilst ensuring adherence to relevant statutory compliances, policies, procedures and standards.
The person will also ensure that Board receives adequate positive publicity both above and below the line.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement Corporate Communication strategies;
- Drive implementation of the Corporate Social Responsibility policy;
- Plan and execute media monitoring and engagement;
- Participate in corporate events planning and execution;
- Prepare, implement and monitor corporate communication budget;
- Execute enhanced marketing and product repositioning to drive uptake of HELB products;
- Initiate and implement internal and external communication initiatives to enhance a positive corporate image;
- Drive awareness of Board initiatives in line with the service charter;
- Streamline and increase visibility of the Board in the digital space;
- Drive Single Point of Contact for the Customer through enhanced corporate message repositioning;
- Ensure statutory compliance with government guidelines such as Commission on Administrative Justice [CAJ] and Government Advertising Agency [GAA].
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related program from recognized university;
- A minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in PR & Events and Brand Management;
- Member of PRSK or MSK;
- Member of ICS Kenya will be an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills;
- Sound knowledge in media engagement & monitoring;
- Excellent event management execution skills;
- Good supervisory skills including organizational and problem solving skills;
- Personal integrity with good work ethic;
How to Apply
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, copy of current pay slip, relevant copies of testimonials and certificates, your date time contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of Chief Executive Officer on the contact below and not later than 1st July, 2016
Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board, P.O. Box 69489-00400,
Email Address: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
HELB is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Those who had applied previously need not re-apply