Head of Debt Management Job at HELB
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya. The mandate of HELB is to source for funds and provide financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing higher education in institutions of higher learning in and outside Kenya as recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE) and Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority(TVETA) and recover funds loaned to create a National Revolving Fund.
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Loan Repayment & Recovery Manager. The Board is looking for a highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self-driven individual of high integrity who is able to demonstrate strong leadership skills to fill the position.
Reporting to the Chief Operations 0fficer, the Head of Debt Management will manage a mature loan portfolio in excess of KES 40B by ensuring timely recovery of all loans. The successful candidate will lead a highly professional team to create partnerships with key stakeholders both locally and internationally with view to enhance loan recovery.
The successful candidate will oversee the implementation of the departmental strategies by aligning them with the Institutional 2013 – 2018 strategic plan and the annual performance plans.
To support business the successful candidate shall ensure proper coordination, planning, organisation and effective loan repayment & recovery controls to manage Portfolio at Risk (PAR) to within the Board’s tolerance limits.
Working closely with the Customer Experience Manager the successful candidate shall be expected to provide first class customer experience; and ensure management of enterprise risk management in compliance with Board’s policies and procedures.
Head of Debt Management Job Requirements
- A holder of a business related degree from a recognized university;
- An MBA or Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university;
- Knowledge of higher education environment in Kenya and the region;
- Ten(10) years’ experience in successful credit management with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience at senior management level in a reputable organization; and
- Experience in quality management systems.
- Personal integrity;
- Possession of networking skills;
- Committed team player with strong managerial skills;
- Highly analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications.
Candidates interested in the above positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of
clearance certificates from the following organizations:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- and Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, relevant copies of testimonials certificates, your date time contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of Chief Executive Officer on the contact below and not later than 4th July 2017.
Chief Executive Officer & Board Secretary
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O. Box 69489-00400
Email Address: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. HELB is an equal opportunity employer