The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya. The mandate of HELB is to empower the dreams of Kenyans by sourcing for funds and providing financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing studies in institutions of higher learning in Kenya as recognized by the Commission for University Education (CUE) and/or the Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Systems Analyst/Developer in the Information Communication and Technology Department (ICT). The Board is looking for a highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self-driven individual of high integrity who is able to demonstrate strong technical skills to fill the position.
Reporting to Assistant ICT Manager, Business applications; the Systems Analyst/Developer will be responsible for gathering user requirements, analyzing, designing, developing and implementing business applications. Additionally, the Systems Analyst/developer will be responsible for the maintenance of existing solutions as well as innovations for efficiency and enhanced service delivery.
Roles for the Systems Analyst/Developer Job
- Gather requirements from business and discuss with users to come up with system specification
- Develop prototype for required solutions
- Develop and de-bug applications
- Develop existing applications by analyzing and identifying areas for modification
- Develop reports and customizations specific to client requirements
- Optimization of existing solutions
- Perform tests for the solution developed and conduct User Acceptance Test (UAT) and obtain sign-off for the UAT
- Conduct training for internal staff and external customer on use of developed applications
- Develop technical and operational documentation for the applications
- Ensure safe custody of all applications documentation
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies.
- Perform any other duties that may be necessary for the effective management and success of the board
Systems Analyst/Developer Job Requirements
- A Degree in BSc Information Systems or its equivalent
- Microsoft Dynamics AX certification
- Knowledge in the SSRS reporting framework
- Knowledge in Microsoft management reporter tool will be an added advantage
- Accounting / Financial knowledge will be an added advantage
- At least three (3) years of experience in applications development and database operations
- Experience with a variety of programming languages and databases
- Proficiency in Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Proficiency in SQL scripting
- Proficiency in X++ programming language
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Candidates interested in the above positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of
clearance certificates from the following organizations:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- and Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, relevant copies of testimonials certificates, your date time contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of Chief Executive Officer on the contact below and not later than 4th July 2017.
Chief Executive Officer & Board Secretary Higher Education Loans Board P.O. Box 69489-00400 NAIROBI. OR Email Address: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. HELB is an equal opportunity employer