The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is a State Corporation mandated to source funds and provides loans, scholarships and bursaries to Kenyans studying in recognized institutions of higher learning.
HELB is looking for highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self-driven persons of high integrity who are able to demonstrate strong leadership skills to fill these positions.
Legal OfficerThe Position: Reporting to Legal Services Manager, the Legal Officer will provide legal services to the Board on issues of law, contribute to protection of legal rights of the Board, and enhance statutory compliance.
- Provide legal advice on HELB matters.
- Review/originate legal documents in HELB
- Manage legal due diligence;
- Liaise with external lawyers on legal matters
- Draft and vet contracts and ensure that such documents are promptly executed;
- Promote legal awareness in the HELB;
- Prepare court cases in conjunction with external lawyers and monitor progress.
- Coordinate and manage litigation process;
- Coordinate and manage legal compliance issues;
Qualifications / Knowledge and Experience
The candidate must be in possession of the following:
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university;
- Possess a Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law;
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya; with a current practicing certificate
- Be a member of the Law Society of Kenya;
- Being a member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya will be an added advantage;
- Have at least five (5) years post admission working experience in a legal environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have strong analytical, interpretative, report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results within deadlines
- Result/achievement oriented
- Demonstrate personal drive, initiative and integrity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- team player with ability to work comfortably
- Good planning and organizational skills at all levels within the Board
- Attention to details
- Have exposure to a computerized working environment
Assistant Credit ControllerThe Position
Reporting to the Credit Officer, the Assistant Credit Officer will be responsible for performing credit loss mitigation and recovery activities through a comprehensive and effective relationship management that ensures attainment of individual, department and HELB’s strategy to minimize loan loss and enhance loan recovery whilst giving first class customer experience.
The Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Skip tracing, debt negotiation and achieving recovery goals while working with both corporate and individual customers.
- Implement debt management strategies, policies and procedures that promote efficient and effective credit risk management that protect and enhance the quality of the credit portfolio.
- Increase and maintain excellent customer experience and service quality as per established standards.
- Use Management Information System for measurement, reporting, monitoring, limiting and analysis of credit risk while ensuring compliance to best practice credit management practices.
- Resolve customer complaints within the set timelines.
- A holder of Bachelor of Commerce, Social sciences or Business related degree.
- Three (3) years’ experience in customer service, sales, collections, or any other related field
- Experience in credit management will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy with practical experience in MS Office 2010
In addition, the following attributes are relevant: Creative, Analytical and Problem solving skills, a good communicator, and a strong customer experience orientation, Team player who values integrity, initiative and assertiveness.
How to Apply
- If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet any of the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, copy of current payslip, relevant copies of testimonials and certificates, your daytime contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of chief Executive Officer on the contact below not later than 12th March, 2016
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board, P.O. Box 69489-00400,
- Or Email Address: [email protected]
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- HELB is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply!