Child Protection Assistant Job at ChildFund
Locations: 1 Nairobi, 1 Kajiado
A Child Protection Officer supports field operations by providing technical assistance and guidance on child protection and enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of the formal Child protection systems service delivery through improved linkages to the community based child protection mechanisms (CBCPM).
He/She guides in the identification and screening of children with specific needs and makes sure that relevant child protection programmes are in place. Furthermore, he/she offers capacity building and evaluates child protection mechanisms.
Child protection issues include, but are not limited to: birth registration, children with disabilities, unaccompanied and separated children, abused and neglected children etc. This position reports to respective Program Managers with day to day technical backstopping from the National Office Child Protection Specialist.
Duties for the Child Protection Assistant Job
- Mapping of child protection systems and development of a child protection strategy for the targeted area.
- Ensure child protection risks and strategies are assessed on a regular basis.
- Strengthening of child protection coordination mechanisms.
- Identify protection issues and services that affect children at risk.
- Design of child protection interventions.
- Establish and support of monitoring and evaluate the child protection system in target areas.
- Manage the project implementation plan and budget.
- Coordinate community awareness creation activities
- Manage and supervise the Child protection officers work to ensure efficient and quality service delivery
- Regular field visits to monitor implementation of programs and to provide technical guidance.
- Liaison with the Government, but specifically, the Children Department
- Support of capacity building and training for Local Partner staff on child protection.
- Coordinate with other agencies, governments and NGOs to implement and coordinate common standards.
- Preparation of annual and donor reports as well as other documentation related to child protection programmes.
Child Protection Assistant Job Requirements
- Professional technical experience matching the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of 3 years working in projects that are donor funded with key Child Protection components
- Demonstrated experience in report writing
- Any documented evidence of community based child protection innovations and initiatives will be an added advantage.
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences, project planning and management, or equivalent
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent networking and people skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize, focus and deliver quality results within deadlines while meeting conflicting work demands and targets; working with or without teams with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Apply here for the job