We are a Non- Alcohic Beverages Manufacturing Company based in Nyeri with a portfolio of long- established brands and a countrywide presence. We seek to recruit a high achieving individual to complement a strong team towards enhancing our research and analysis capability.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role’s main goal is to steward, gather & analyze performance data from different sources (sales & retail audit, consumer and industry surveys, marketing intelligence sources) to provide the necessary knowledge for Managers and the Leadership Team to review key business drivers and identify risks & opportunities
- Identifies & communicates, on a weekly & monthly basis, volume performance risks & opportunities that impact the rolling estimate, and proposes revisions.
- Translates knowledge into actionable insights & recommendations through generating meaningful executive summaries in all reports
- Stewards additional studies & analysis from inception to data gathering, to provide further insights & identify opportunities
- Designs & leads the monthly business reporting & tracking process
- Develops & circulates Monthly Business Report, including analysis by market from different sources (including sales & retail audit)
- Provides Regional Managers monthly templates with executive summary of sales & retail audit results & trends, for further analysis by themselves & other managers
- Supports the Leadership team with regular & ad-hoc analysis reports to review performance and take fact-based decisions
- Provides timely reports and analysis at a Region level, prior to key management routines / meetings.
- Assists in providing necessary data for post-evaluation studies
- Custodian of Countrywide customer database.
- Assess strategic consumer opportunities that are currently untapped and leveraging consumer research in order to identify new volume and profit growth areas (e.g. new beverage sub-categories, new package opportunities)
- Steward the development and implementation of insights, research processes and procedures for the business.
- Oversee all business research initiatives and lead function’s capabilities (Agencies and People) to ensure they deliver against business needs
- Establish and maintain a Brand/Consumer/Customer and Competitor knowledge base to support consumer and business strategies through Market Intelligence
- Work with the Leadership Team to facilitate management decision guidance by developing and testing hypotheses based on business knowledge (quantitatively and/or qualitatively)
- Ensure company-wide experiences, learnings and trends are reviewed and shared across the organization.
- Develops and Manages the Research Budget
- Analyze and interpret research results to deliver business case needs
- Negotiate contracts with third parties in order to provide the Company with necessary marketing opportunities and services
- Lead the development of research capabilities and understanding within the team
- Present findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to peer teams and senior management
- Review and report on ROI/performance for trade assets.
- Offer insights on trade investment opportunities that would drive growth.
- Monitor efficacy of tools employed to track key deliverables by field teams offering suggestions for their optimization.
- Routine and ad hoc insight projects to provide actionable market and customer insight which improves understanding of the ROI of marketing expenditure
Typical engagements (internal/external):
Chief Executive Officer- Direct manager- Providing regular tracking tools for ROI across functions, general business performance and ad-hoc analyses.
Head of Sales and Marketing- Understanding performance drivers and providing fact-based consultancy to minimise risks and maximise opportunities.
Regional Sales Managers/ Other Managers- Understanding operational issues. Providing regular tracking and ad-hoc analysis reports to help them draw actionable insights that unleash marketplace execution opportunities
Leadership Team- Managing ad hoc requests to aid in functional decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing; Market Research; Statistics; Business related field is mandatory
- 7-8 years working experience, at least 5 years as a Research Manager in FMCG or Consumer Research industry
- Previous experience working in a collaborative environment in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders need to be taken into account to arrive at a productive solution.
- Ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization
- Reconciling different sources of information to come to an informed decision
- Understanding performance gaps through analyzing existing reports or recommending additional ones
Judgment and Decision-Making:
- understands & balances the complexity of data gathering from customers/ distributors & the area managers
- Excellent command of Excel, PowerPoint & Compass
- Analytic proficiency- A proven track record in analysis and insight
- Critical thinking
- strong interpersonal and communication skills- written and verbal
- Results driven and able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- The ability to explain analytical work in a logical way, verbally and written, to provide insight and recommendations to a non-analytical audience
- Exceptional commercial experience
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Highlands Mineral Water Company career website on www.linkedin.com to apply