ROLE OF THE FINANCE MANAGER (FM)
The role of the FM is integral to the running of a rapidly growing and increasingly complex business. The FM should be a strategic thinker who understands and interacts with all aspects of the business. The FM is a principal deputy to the CFO providing financial direction, information and advice. The FM is also a source of essential information for the Board of Directors and the Finance Committee of the Board (FINCO).
The FM’s role is to direct and oversee all of the financial activities, overall financial management and systems, to include the preparation of current financial reports and forecasts for future business growth and oversee accounting, costing, procurement, tax planning as well as develop strategies to maximize return on investment.
Monitoring, Controlling and Reporting
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of management reports, financial reports, audit, tax returns and reports for Government regulatory agencies
- Put the necessary financial plans in place, including budgets and implementing appropriate budgetary controls.
- Develop financial models and systems for the specific company business to enable efficient monitoring of costs, business processes and profitability.
- Support other cost centers in budgets development.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and analysis, monitor working capital and convey these analyses to the CFO and recommend on corrective actions where needed
- Manage cash balances by initiating/executing appropriate actions including the investment of cash and inter-account transfers.
- Drive treasury management activities including foreign currency hedging, cash flow management, the investment of excess cash and management of company borrowings to enable the company to meet its financial obligations at all times.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, budgets, salary updates, ledger, payroll, account maintenance and data entry
- Analyze and review aged accounts, accounts receivable, sales policy compliance, and make recommendations for improvement
- Analyze and recommend methods to improve cost effectiveness
- Ensure adherence to limits/covenants contained in signed agreements with shareholders, financiers, clients and other key partners (e.g. limits for capital investments)
- Ensure compliance with local and national regulatory requirements: Check contracts for compliance, inform appropriate personnel about regulatory requirements, and monitor the company’s compliance
- Ensure compliance with both local and (where applicable) international accounting principles and the company’s Finance Manual
- Present the financial performance reports to the CFO, Board of Directors and Finance Committee.
- Support the company’s strategic planning and business review process as key member of the leadership team.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy
- Maintaining relationships with the company’s banks, suppliers and other service providers so as to ensure that the company receives timely, quality and cost efficient services at all times.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning and forecast initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Provide advice on pricing and capacity management strategy
- Participate in developing new business and identify new financing opportunities
- Assess the long term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income and new product areas, and pinpoint potential weak areas
- Act as primary liaison with the company secretary.
Overseeing Accounting Systems and Procedures
- Continually review and upgrade accounting systems and procedures in line with the company’s operating systems, internal control requirements.
- Ensure compliance with taxation laws, including accurate computation, declaration and timely payment.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of the external auditor and ensure all audit issues are resolved
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Review and improve finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures
- Coordinate company insurance, contracts and agreements, and legal areas and activities
- With the CFO develop and implement risk management policies
Managing finance department
- Setting and evaluating performance standards for departmental staff.
- Manage, motivate, recruit, select and evaluate financial staff
- Provide guidance and training to financial staff in order to further improve their overall financial knowledge
The organization is based in Nyeri and working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and possible weekend commitments.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Full professional Accounting Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field is MANDATORY
- Master’s degree or equivalent is highly desirable
- Must be a registered professional of good standing with a relevant body.
- At least ten (10) years’ post- qualification progressive experience. Prior experience in a Manufacturing environment is MANDATORY.
- Must have previously supervised a Finance function with more than 5 employees.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here