- Company: Reputable Institution
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
HIV Clinical Services Specialist Job At Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Health Foundation
HIV Clinical Services Specialist Job Purpose
- The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation seeks a HIV Clinical Services Specialist for an anticipated 5-year USAID HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Project in Kenya. The HDSA will have the goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “90-90-90”.
- The HSDSA has five key objectives 1) increased uptake of targeted HIV testing services, 2) improved linkage to care and treatment for individuals newly testing positive for HIV, 3) increased uptake of and adherence to quality HIV treatment services, 4) long-term follow up of patients receiving care and treatment services and, 5) strengthened support for facility and county management of the HIV response.
- The HIV Clinical Services Specialist will work directly with the Deputy Chief of Party and in coordination with the Health Systems Specialist to improve the quality and range of HIV care and treatment services that are offered at the supported facilities.
HIV Clinical Services Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Provides clinical and technical leadership and oversight for strengthening of HIV counselling and testing, prevention of mother to child transmission, treatment services, care and support, TBHIV, male circumcision and laboratory services.
- Identifies gaps in clinical services , approaches, guidelines, and standards and lead development of innovative solutions to increase client access to the service delivery sites
- Provides strategic guidance and input for clinical mentoring of health care workers
Qualifications For HIV Clinical Services Specialist Job
- Medical doctor with experience in the diagnosis, treatment and care
- Must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience working on large donor funded health projects
- HIV Care and Treatment including experience in implementing HIV care quality improvement programs preferred
- knowledge of PEPFAR programming, process and frameworks is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills
How to Apply