HIV Technical Advisor NGO Job
Chemonics seeks an HIV technical advisor based in Nairobi for the Kenya Supply Chain Systems Strengthening (KSCSS) Activity, under the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. KSCSS aims to address the supply chain and health commodity systems strengthening needs of the family health, malaria, and HIV/AIDS programs at both the national and county levels in Kenya. KSCSS will support the Ministry of Health’s (MOH’s) Department of Family Health (DFH), the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), and the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP). The HIV technical advisor will report to the supply chain director.
- Provide technical assistance and support for supervision of HIV commodity supply chains, liaising closely with the MOH/NASCOP and counties to ensure commodity availability in Kenya.
Coordinate and provide technical support to the MOH/NASCOP in national forecasting and supply planning of HIV/AIDS commodities to prepare procurement plans to donors
- Provide oversight in the management of commodity pipelines
- Contribute to routine monitoring of the supply plans and pipelines
- Assist the MOH with monthly commodity distribution planning to ensure health facilities have sufficient stock to meet patient needs
- Coordinate with the MOH to implement technical assistance activities in support of strengthening coordination between the partners of multisectoral groups involved in HIV management/prevention activities
- Regularly report on stock status of commodities, as well as health facility performance in commodity security related to HIV
- Assist with end use verification (EUV) exercises, ensuring that MOH staff are cognizant of data collection methodologies.
- Provide technical assistance to the MOH in conducting and measuring performance monitoring and supervision activities at the health facility level
- Inform leadership of potential short-term technical assistance needs as required
- Assist with preparing project annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports, and other related communications
- Provide and/or organize technical assistance and training for MOH staff across all levels in HIV commodity management
- Collaborate with other members of the national and county technical teams focused on systems strengthening (e.g., the e-LMIS) to have a harmonized approach to ensuring MOH staff are equipped with the skills required to address supply chain needs
- Supervise HIV county coordinators
- An advanced clinical degree or a master’s degree in public health
- Minimum five years professional experience in health programs, preferably in health-care supply chain management
- Proven experience in managing public health programs or projects in Kenya or similar developing country context
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programs
- Extensive knowledge of the Kenyan public health sector.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field (about 80 percent of the time)
- Kenyan citizenship strongly preferred
Please send electronic submissions of your CV and cover letter to PSMKenyarecruit@gmail.com by August 18, 2017. Please include “HIV Technical Advisor – PSM Kenya” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.