Accounting Officer Career At Hivos In Kenya
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues.
With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources.
Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Hivos seeks qualified candidate for the position of:
Vacancy Name: Accounting Officer
Number of hours: 40
Region: East Africa
Office: Nairobi, Kenya
- Hivos Regional Office for East Africa would like to recruit an Accounting Officer.
- The individual will have responsibility for Hivos’ management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- The Accounting Officer will also be responsible for financial planning and analysis.
- The role will report to the Hivos Regional Finance Manager (RFM).
Accounting Officer Job Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Support the Regional Finance Manager in the preparation and control of Regional Office Budget;
- Supervise and review monthly bank reconciliations;
- Support the RFM with the review and elaboration of financial statements;
- Assist in the selection and contracting of services and goods;
- Supervise salary administration, payroll and statutory deductions;
- Involvement in budgeting and forecasting process;
- Other ad hoc duties.
Programme Administration Duties:
- Assesses audited financial statements of specific Hub EA projects and programme partners;
- Approves audited financial statements and communicates with project/programme partners;
- Performs financial inspections of project partners as needed;
- Coordinates fulfilment of financial reporting obligations of projects and programmes to different donors;
- Monitors monthly project spending for specific projects;
- Holds monthly meetings with programme managers on finances.
Qualifications For Accounting Officer Jobs In Kenya
- Qualified Accountant;
- Masters in Accounting (desired);
- Highly numeric/strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced level spreadsheet skills and PC literacy;
- Strong written reporting skills;
- Confident communication skills;
- Drive to continually improve processes and seek new challenges;
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to be flexible;
- Accuracy- ability to work with precision.
What we offer:
- We offer a competitive package based on the candidate’s qualifications.
How to Apply
- To apply kindly send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the suitable candidate for this position to [email protected] Your letter should state your current and expected salary. Deadline is 9th June, 2016.