HJF Medical Research International Inc
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Kisumu West Program
Grade: MR 10
Supervisor: Ksiumu West Program Director
Terms of employment: Renewable annual contract, with a probation period for the first 3 months.
Duty station: Walter Reed Project, Kisumu field station WRP Clinical Research Centre, Kombewa
Job summary: Reporting to the Program Director, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officer will lead the M&E component of PEPFAR activities in WRP supported sites in Kisumu County.
He/she will monitor the performance of all aspects of this program through key PEPFAR performance indicators (MER) and MHRP/WRP as well as other indicators relevant to services provided in health facilities and through community-based organizations.
The M&E officer is expected to manage Facility Management Information System (MIS) and a Central MIS, DATIM for Kisumu West to ensure and oversee continuous data collection, conduct rigorous analysis, recommend follow-up actions, report on program performance and prepare the M&E components/reports.
Primary duties and tasks:
- Ensure that Kisumu West is compliant with all PEPFAR/OGAC reporting requirements for MER, DATIM, SIMS, special initiatives, etc.
- Review, analyze, and compile monthly, quarterly, annual activity reports to comply with PEPFAR and MHRP reporting requirements.
- Ensure that data received by partners and entered in DATIM monthly. Provide quality control of the data entry and support supervision through site visits and virtually by phone or email.
- Train data entry clerks and other field staff on guidelines, surveys and other data collection tools for the project.
- Design and maintain data collection systems, ensuring that necessary information is collected, analyzed, and used to guide the different projects.
- Perform analysis of data and information collected from the field monthly and quarterly to examine trends and identify gaps and well as strengthens in the clinical cascade of care with site program officers. Conduct regular reviews of the data to enable the team to identify whether targets are being met and take immediate corrective actions so as to reach epidemic control.
- Develop and implement a sustainable electronic data collection and storage system for the various program activities.
- Liaise with the WRP DoD Strategic Information Manager to ensure PEPFAR reporting compliance.
- Provide support to facility partners to use and strengthen electronic medical record (EMR) systems.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures for data management systems at the site level (storage/back-up, routine data verification, data quality audits etc)
- Design and execute data quality audits using Data Quality Assessment tools and ensure follow-up is complete.
- Provide support to the implementation of the ‘Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems’ (SIMS) tools in the supported sites.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Health Records and Information Management, Computer Science, Social science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related courses desired.
M &E training from a recognized Institution is an added advantage.
Three to five years specific M&E related work experience in the health sector, experience with HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, or MCH programmes preferred
- Familiarity with principles & current approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated understanding of PEPFAR expectations and trends for M&E
- Ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through on-the-job mentoring, supportive supervision, and other methods
- Able to work as member of multinational team and manage long-distance relationships to achieve results; team player
- High level of English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent analytic and computer(MS Office Suite & computer statistical) skills an added advantage.
- Flexible, able to deal with ambiguity, changes and “patches” in putting up M&E systems and standards
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and planning skills; detail oriented.
How to Apply
- Applicants should submit their application letters, resume, testimonials, copies of certificates and day time telephone contact(s) no later than 08th July 2016 to:
- The Human Resource Manager USAMRU – K/PEPFAR P.O Box 54-40100, Kakamega Road,
- Kondele, Kisumu
- Clearly indicate “monitoring & evaluation officer” on the envelope.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted