Homa Hills Community Development Organization strives to empower communities living within its catchment area in terms of their civic responsibilities, economic independence, food security, environmental conservation, public health and HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support for a just and equitable society.
Its overriding role is to build community capacity to facilitate sustainable development to support vulnerable groups.
HHCDO in partnership with CRS shall be implementing THRIVE project whose goal is to ensure children under two year in West Karachuonyo thrive in a sustainable culture of care and support.
The project will focus on activities geared towards increased attainment of age-appropriate development milestones through adoption of key ECD practices like IYCF, early stimulation, WASH and positive parenting and improved maternal mental wellbeing among mothers of children under two years.
In this regard, we seek to fill the following vacancy and invite qualified, dedicated and self-motivated applicants.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities: Provide assistance to strengthen results-based documentation, monitoring, learning and feed- back system of the THRIVE project against the MEAL framework.
The following are specific Responsibilities:
- Compile, synthesize and maintain the database management for THRIVE project including for research and studies undertaken
- Provide assistance to strengthen results-based documentation, monitoring, learning and feed- back system of the project against the MEAL framework.
- Supports the data management of the baseline, mid-term, endline studies and for other research studies for project as required.
- Compile, synthesize and maintain the database management for the project including studies undertaken
- Support to prepare project updates by providing data and analysis report periodically.
- Support in data management of THRIVE monitoring and evaluation.
- Support the development of database for the project as per the project’s MEAL framework
- Record /Compile, synthesize / analyze and maintain the database for the project including for studies undertaken for this project.
- Provide support to staffs/volunteers for data collection, recording, analysis as per the framework
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirement
- Minimum of Diploma in IT/Computer science/Statistics/HMIS.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a similar position.
- Working with Databases and spreadsheets, including Statistical Analysis Applications i.e. SPSS, STATA. Etc.
- Sound knowledge and experience in project management including planning, budgeting and reporting
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written, oral communication in Kiswahili and English.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team.
Applications (stating current and expected salary) by e-mail or hand delivery for the above vacancy should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him by close of business Wednesday 2nd March 2016.
How to Apply
- All applications should be in the form of a single attachment containing both the cover letter, and CV Only (in MS Word or PDF format). Homa Hills strives to provide the space and encourages all staff to be innovative and think beyond their Job Descriptions to create opportunities for themselves and the organization. The Chief Executive Officer
- Homa Hills Community Development Organization
- P.O. Box 760-40300,
- Homa Bay. E-mail: [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.