Job Title: Assistant Lodge Manager
Organization: Impact Chefs Academy (Hospitality / Hotel Group)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Group General Manager
Impact Chefs Academy is a Regional Hospitality Consulting firm thriving on Professional Culinary Training, Ethical Hospitality Services, Kitchen Equipment Supply, and Hotel Recruitment Services as well as high level Management Trainings focusing on clients’ satisfaction. They would like to recruit for their client who operates 17 lodges and camps in Zambia, Botswana, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and South Africa. The Client also offers private luxury camping across Kenya. Building on her heritage of luxury adventure travel, the client also manages and runs six spectacular expedition cruise ships in some of the most amazing cultural and ecological sites in the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction.
• Actively monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Initiates corrective action.
• Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action.
• The incumbent develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Company’s mission statement.
• Establish and maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
• Execute marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan.
• The incumbent ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
• Implements and maintains effective open-door communication system that crosses departmental lines in order to reach all employees
• Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws,
• Manages the Hotel’s relations with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
• Plans and organizes the work of others.
• Accepts full responsibility for managing an activity.
• Perform any other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Assistant Lodge Manager must have attained formal training in hotel management.
• At least five years of Hotel Industry related experience
• The applicant must have worked as an Assistant Hotel manager or Assistant Lodge/ Lodge manager in a busy establish
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs (PDF) only quoting the job title; Human Resources and Administration Officer in the email subject to : [email protected] (Don’t attach Certificates).
Impact Chefs Academy,
P.O. Box 22152, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Impact Chefs Academy does not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25th September, 2015