She will be responsible for welcoming guests and handling any complaints. In doing so, she:
Supervises reservations and the allocation of bedrooms with the Executive Housekeeper
Monitors the customer accounts and till accounts
Applies and ensures the application of the sales strategy to maximize occupancy and average room price
Co-ordinates the reception team, organizing its work and schedules
- To monitor the quality of welcome extended to guests
- To ensure that all hotel standards and procedures are applied
- To manage daily billing and payments
- Entry Requirements and Skills
- The ability to work and be a team player
- The ability to be flexible to be available to work nights, weekends or public holidays
- Sales ability and Hospitality
- Adaptability: coping with the diversity of customers and their needs
- Self-control: handling complaints
- Good relationship skills
- Good memory: remembering guests
- Taking the initiative
- A business related diploma and a diploma in Front Office will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience of reception and at least one year in a busy hotel
- Fluency in communication both oral and written. in a second language is an advantage.
- One must be motivated, friendly, energetic and enthusiastic.
Salary will be KES 30,000 – 35,000/-
NB: Previous experience in the hotel and hospitality industry will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Kindly send your application with a short written testimonial of your greatest achievement (at Most Half a page) and expected salary to [email protected] by 6th August, 2015.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The candidate will be based in Nairobi.