Vacancy: Human Resource Officer
- A Hotel based in Nairobi NCBD is looking for a HR officer to assist in the Hotel HR duties, determine staffing numbers, skills and needs to meet the organization’s objectives
- Analyze the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop job descriptions and duty statements
- Advertise staff vacancies, assess applications, interview applicants, administer selection tests, prepare reports and make recommendations to management about staff appointments
- Maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as wages, superannuation, leave and training, and prepare associated management reports
- Arrange and conduct staff training
- Use a number of management information systems to record, maintain, plan and manage the organization’s human resources
- Provide advice and information to management and employees on human resource policies and procedures, including equal opportunity, anti-discrimination and occupational health and safety programmes
- Assist employees with work matters, career development, personal problems and industrial matters
- Organize employee welfare services such as health and wellbeing programmes, first aid and fire warden training, superannuation and social activities
- Take part in enterprise bargaining talks where employees, management and unions discuss the development of specific work arrangements and conditions (pay and hours of work, for example)
- Help implement organizational changes (such as those following from industrial relations legislation, revised job classification structures or technological changes)
- Take part in strategic management.
- He / she should have a degree in HR or a business related course with a Higher Diploma in HR.
- He / she should have experience in the same field of 4 Years and above and especially in a busy hotel in the same position.
- He / she should be a good planner, well organized, analytical and good decision making skills.
- He / she should be tactful and discrete when dealing with people and confidential information.
- He / she should be a fast learner and able to adapt to new environments fast.
- He / she should be a great team player and able to multi-task.
- He / she should be aged 28– 43 years.
- He / she should possess excellent problem – solving skills and top notch professionalism.
- He / she needs to possess helpful customer service skills and remain calm and collected even when events become hectic.
- Very good oral and written communication skills are a must.
Salary will be KES 30,000 – 35,000/-
NB: Previous experience in the hotel and hospitality industry will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Kindly send your application with a short written testimonial of your greatest achievement (at Most Half a page) and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th August, 2015.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The candidate will be based in Nairobi.