Hotel Network Administrator Job
A well established Country Club is looking to recruit a Network Administrator. The incumbent will ensure that the network infrastructure and its associated technology operate efficiently, performs within agreed targets and that network delivers a secure platform for the organization to carry out its business.
Hotel Network Administrator Job Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the organization’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is at par with technical considerations.
- To undertake Network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Be actively involved in the procurement, acquisition and installation of key equipment and provide technical advice to management.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies & procedures aimed at network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Make recommendations to management to reduce operational costs as well as trouble shoot
- Network Architecture and accelerate issues to the Vendors if need be.
- Monitor networked services to ensure security and availability to users is maintained as per Company policy.
- Involved in designing networks and ensuring specifications are of best practices in the industry and match existing infrastructure.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Administration of servers, routers, switches, firewalls, network software deployment, and security updates & patches to ensure devices are up to date.
- Perform Periodic Server and security Audits and ensure upgrades and repairs are done in good time while recommending Network Improvements.
- Provide technical support to ensure 99.9% uptime of the Network and resolve all escalated incidents in minimum time.
Qualifications for Hotel Network Administrator Job
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology or related field.
- Professional qualifications: CCNP (Routing & Switching), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- 3 years’ experience in network design and implementation using network operating systems such as windows server, Novell and Linux (Experience in the Hospitality Industry is an added advantage)
- Experience working with Routers, switches, firewall, cabling and other essential network hardware is a must.
- Strong technical skill/knowledge spanning enterprise infrastructure, Web-based application hosting and internet protocols.
- Knowledge of Microtik router, Untangle & Linux will be an added advantage
- Detail oriented and process focused
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a lean and dynamic team;
- Ability to self manage, achieve results and meet deadlines,
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Hotel Network Administrator) to [email protected] before Friday 15th July 2016 .Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted