Housekeeping Jobs at CORAT Africa.
CORAT Africa is a Pan African Christian Organization based in Nairobi. It is involved in provision of Leadership Development, Management Training, Consultancy and Research services to Churches and Church related organizations in Africa.
It has a Management and Development Centre in Karen offering Accommodation and Conference facilities. We seek to recruit highly motivated staff for the following positions for this Centre
The Housekeeper directs and maintains the housekeeping Department, in accordance with the set policies, standards and guidelines.
Housekeeping Job Responsibilities
- Establish and implement standard operating procedures. Constantly compares staff performance to standards.
- Determines dept. priorities & goals and communicates them to all.
- Monitors all expenses prepare accurate cost comparisons for all major purchases.
- Directs the set–up of and monitors all dept. records.
- Ensures communication with other section heads is open and productive.
- Spot checks rooms for standard placement of all amenities.
- Ensures the quick and correct handling of guest requests.
- Ensure that all guest complaints are handled efficiently and politely.
- Ensures safe working habits.
- Regularly checks machinery operation, cords, plugs, etc.
- Convene daily departmental briefing.
- Motivates employees, seek out employees concerns and offers assistance.
- Personally conducts training as required and on a regular basis.
- Is personally committed to hotel vision, mission and values, and practices visible management
- Smooth running of the cleaning process in the rooms department
- Selection, employment, supervision and control of employees of the housekeeping department including laundry, guest rooms, and public areas
- Personnel planning on the basis of staffing guides established by management in accordance with the budget.
- Regular supervision of the established working methods.
- Planning of the linen requirement, guest supplies and cleaning supplies for the rooms department
- Planning of the equipment required in housekeeping
- Determining the daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules for the entire rooms department.
- Cleaning and control of occupied rooms and departure rooms, public areas such as lobby, restaurants and public wash rooms.
This job description shall be reviewed/ amended any time at the discretion of the management.
Qualifications and Skills for the Housekeeping Job
- Aged 30 – 40years.
- Holders of a certificate in housekeeping and laundry from Kenya Utalii College or any other internationally recognized hotel training institution.
- Have not less ten (10) years’ experience, 5 years of which must be in a similar position in charge of a busy housekeeping department.
- Extensive knowledge of housekeeping services, including a solid understanding of effective cleaning methods, equipment, and chemical use.
- Should have basic knowledge of housekeeping expenses and budgets.
- Computer literacy a must.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should apply enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates and a detailed C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephones of two professional referees and one from your Pastor / Priest.
- Please indicate your current and expected salary and also your current employer to the address here below not later than 22nd December 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Managing Director, CORAT Africa P.O. Box 42493 – 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
- Email: [email protected]