BURN designs, locally manufactures, and distributes aspirational high quality fuelefficient cooking products that save lives and forests in Kenya. We are looking for a vibrant, friendly and energetic person to become our HR and Admin Assistant. This is a shortterm contract job which could be made a fulltime job if the person does well.
HR & Admin Assistant Job Role & Responsibilities
- Assist in on boarding process making sure that the new person will have a desk and chair on arrival, their email address is set up, they have a laptop and are connected to box
- Organize pickups for new employees arriving
- Deal with KPLC and Nairobi water bills for the house and ensure that they are correct and visit offices for any issues.
- Help employees fill in finance and HR forms where they are unsure what to do
- Provide support to finance and other departments on filing, scanning, printing etc.
- Ensure the askaris at the gate have an update list of all employees and all former employees not allowed in at all times.
- Collect all medical forms from employees and ensure they have adequate receipts for the claims.
- Check references for casuals for production, sales activation and any other departments and ensure the approved list is up to date at all times
- Update casuals list for production, sales activation and any other departments.
- Manage the cleaner and gardener and ensure offices are always clean and tidy and that garden is well maintained.
- Manage the stationery and ensure that we always have adequate stock as per the approved list.
- Work with VP Finance on getting all international visitors the correct permits and passes and keep the list updated on expiry dates of the same.
- Any other tasks as directed by direct manager or any other member of HR or the senior management team.
Qualifications for the HR & Admin Assistant Job
- Must have a College diploma or degree in business, ideally with specialty in HR
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent communicator Previous experience in a business environment
How to Apply
Send CVs to [email protected] Location: Ruiru, Kiambu County Deadline for application: 28th November 2016