Responsibilities for the Human Resource & Admin Manager Job
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Human Resource & Admin Manager Job Qualifications
- MSc Business Administration, MSc Project Management or Master’s in Business Management/Administration preferably in Human Resource Management
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resource Management
- Must be a licensed HR Practitioner and demonstrate proof of membership to a professional body IHRM or its equivalent
- Five (5)years’ experience with at least 3 years at senior management level;
- Prior experience in managing a functional level in a large organization/busy environment
- Understanding of labour laws.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation skills and outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope. Applications should be submitted to: THE SECRETARIAT BOARD OF DIRECTORS KAKAMEGA COUNTY WATER AND SANITATION COMPANY P.O. BOX 1189-50100 KAKAMEGA Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the company headquarters, Kakamega Water and Sanitation Company, Kefinco House, off Kakamega Kisumu road, behind Barclays bank