HR & Admin Career In Kenya
HR & Administration Coordinator(Re-Advertisement)
We are a leading Logistics Company in Kenya with over 15 years’ experience in Africa and have grown over the years to become a leading Logistics expert in East and Central Africa that ensures constant supply of dry or wet cargo within the region.
We place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization. As a result of continued growth and in order to position ourselves to be the leader in logistics solutions for Africa, we wish to appoint qualified individual to be part of this successful team into the position of Human Resource & Administration Coordinator. The role is part of the senior management team within the company. The position is based in Nakuru.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of coordination and implementation of HR policies, strategies across the company in line with the company’s corporate strategy.
HR & Admin Job Responsibilities
Key summary responsibilities include:-
- Coordinate implementation of HR strategies, policies and procedures and ensure that they are communicated and implemented throughout the Company in support of the overall business strategy.
- Coordinate employee engagement initiatives in the company.
- Formulate HR budget within the Company and ensure that costs are maintained within approved budgets.
- Coordinate manpower planning, recruitment, career management, succession planning and induction of staff to ensure the Company is adequately staffed at all times and have a continuous supply of talent pipeline.
- Coordinate the administration of the company’s’ compensation and benefits programs.
- Partner with other departmental heads in driving a robust performance management process to enhance productivity within the Company.
- Develop and maintain all necessary development and training plans to ensure optimal performance and a healthy talent pipeline to support business growth across Company operations.
- Coordinate disciplinary and grievance handling procedures and overall employee relations within the Company.
- Management reporting.
- Records maintenance and management.
- Direct and control support staff to ensure efficiency and alignment to the company’s strategy.
- External relations on HR & Admin related partners such as Insurance companies’, Advocates, contractors Immigration, PIEA, etc
- Oversee company’s administration programs i.e. leave management, benefits management, Company lease and property management, Business Licenses, Insurance Management, Stores and stationery management etc.
Requirements For HR & Admin Job
- A University Degree in Human Resource Management
- At least 5 years’ experience managing human capital of which 2 should be at a management level.
- Should be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Proven track record in handling more than one company/ divisions will be an added advantage.
- Should have sound knowledge of local labor laws, expertise in trainings, policy making & implementation.
- Good knowledge of payroll processing.
- Must have sound knowledge in Union related matters and litigation matters.
- Basic counseling skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and team building skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities Flexible, adaptable, and pleasant.
- Must be proficient with MS Office / presentations / report
How to Apply
- If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and MUST indicate your current/last salary on your application) to reach us on or before Friday 10th June, 2016 by email to: [email protected]
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Those who had responded to the initial advert don’t need We are an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.