Our client, a group of companies in import / export business, transport and security seeks suitable candidates for the position of a HR and Administration Manager
Overall Purpose of the job: Human resource management and Administration
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Formulating and regularly updating various human resource policies including terms and conditions of service,
- Ensuring effective implementation of all functions relating to manpower planning, welfare and human resource administration in the Company,
- Ensuring implementation of the human resource policies and procedures,
- Participating in the recruitment, selection and placement activities and ensure employees are properly oriented,
- Ensuring that all the activities are cost effective and contribute to the overall efficiency of the Company,
- Reviewing and maintaining the staff competence in liaison with heads of Departments,
- Providing effective guidance and supervision of staff,
- Updating and maintaining job descriptions for all positions in the Company.
- Ensuring that staffs are appropriately trained in line with training needs assessment expectations.
- Coordinating office administration services and transport,
- Developing and ensuring implementation of administrative policies and procedures,
- Coordinating and manage office space allocation, office equipment, telephone exchange, registry, photocopying, security services internal and external communication.
- Implementing the policy on documentation and telecommunication management.
- Planning, organizing, and control of all administrative functions
Key requirements and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences / Human resource management or related field
- Post Graduate Diploma / HND / Diploma in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage
- At least five years’ experience in a busy HR department.
- A member of IHRM.
- Good knowledge of Labour laws and handling of industrial relations matters.
- Strong management and negotiation skills.
- Experience in handling payroll and general remuneration issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
How to Apply
If you are satisfied that you possess the required qualifications, send your application letter and CV indicating your expected salary to [email protected] by 20th July 2016.