Job Title: HR & Administration Officer
Organisation: eResources Uganda (Non-profit Organization)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Reference Number: ERE/JOB/08/16
eResources Uganda is a Consultancy firm that seeks to recruit for its valuable client, a national and indigenous Non-Governmental Organization working to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth running of the activities
- The incumbent will establish and maintain a secure system to receive, distribute and dispatch mail after entering into register.
- Establish and maintain a filing system allowing for easy retrieval by staff.
- Assist with data entry into financial accounting system.
- Update and maintain office records.
- Serve as the focal point for suppliers or service providers for procurements and repair & maintenance activity.
- Act as focal point for coordination and provide assistance for assessment and provision / contracting of high quality technical assistance inputs, as appropriate, and identification of suppliers required in this regard.
- Draft job descriptions, outlining in detail all skills and qualities required and desired in an employee
- Screen all resumes submitted to the organization during an open job
- The jobholder will record and maintain all Human resource files and documents
- Distribute and allocate duties and responsibilities among individual staff members
- Ensure that staff members are able to realize their goals towards the organization
- In charge of overseeing the organization’s activities and coordinating with a specific work plan by analyzing objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the HR & Administration Officer job placement should hold a University degree in Social Sciences, Administration, Human Resource management or related field; A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- At least four years’ experience in a non-governmental organization setting
- Skillful in interpersonal, time management, communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to work under minimum supervision, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours and days
- Possess excellent oral, written and presentation skills in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via E-mail to: [email protected]
Deadline: Friday 27th May, 2016.
NB: The applicants should quote the reference number and job title applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of soliciting may lead to disqualification.