Express Chartering & Shipping Ltd. offers ship agency services in Eastern and Central Africa. Its affiliate companies are well positioned within the Eastern African region with a major goal of being a Distinctive Supply Chain Service Provider in the region. We seek to recruit a HR & Administrative Intern to continue offering distinctive ship agency services to all our customers. The position is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Responsibilities for the Internship
Staff Records Management
- Ensuring all staff files are up to date, accurate and in the right format.
- Confidentiality of all employee records.
- Daily filing of all related employee documents.
- Ensure all employees have the statutory information.
- Ensure all files have company requirements.
- Ensuring adequate provision of safety gears
- Ensuring a clean and habitable work environment
- Ensuring provision of hygienic kitchen and consumables.
- Attending to all employee inquiries for services.
- Employee counseling and guidance.
- Handling employee matters as per labour laws.
- Procurement of employee working tools.
Company Medical Cover Management
- Ensuring all employees are in the company medical cover.
- Correspondences to medical cover providers for any medical matter that may arise like refunds, admissions, operations
- Timely renewal of medical cover.
HR Committee participation & facilitation
- Spearheading activities of First Aid Committee
- Spearheading CSR Activities
- Ensuring all procurement adhere to the set procedures.
Safety & Health management
- Compliance to the OSH 2003 Act, Tanzania.
- Conduct OSHA audits
- Sensitize employees on safety and health matters.
- Timely submission of monthly reports
- Conduct employee surveys e.g. satisfaction levels
- Procurement of office supplies
- Ensuring habitable work environment
- Ensure work equipments are well functioning
- Responsible for Petty cash management
- Maintenance of administration files
- Renewal of company licenses, memberships and subscriptions
- Management of staff travel
- Ensure employees attend trainings as per the calendar.
- Staff meeting coordination.
- Adherence to policy requirements.
- Handle employee disciplinary matters
- Any other duty assigned by management.
Key Performance Areas
- 100% accurate staff records in the HRIMS and files.
- 100% use of the HRIM system.
- 100% compliance with laws and regulations.
- 100% excellence in administrative duties.
- 100% zero complaints from ICT users
Competencies for the Internship
- Reliable and of high integrity
- Self motivated, driven & creative.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Mature, presentable, eloquent speaker and ready to face challenges.
- Ability to supervise a team of staff
- Ability to offer technical support to ICT users.
- Knowledge of Tanzanian labour laws.
- Good planning and leadership skills.
- Good relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skill in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft word, excel and internet.
- Knowledge of HRIMS a must.
- Knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware and software
Qualifications for the Internship
- Diploma in HRM/HRD or Business Administration
- Degree in Human Resource Management/Development an added advantage.
- Recent graduate.
- Member to Professional Human Resource Body.
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send their application, CVs, testimonials, motivational statement, academic & professional certificates by 6th December 2016 via email to: [email protected], to the attention of The HR & Administration Manager. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.