The HR Administrator provides HR and administrative support to the Kenya office and other Africa offices. This post will be located in Kenya, with potential for occasional regional travel.
The HR Administrator will also be responsible for planning and implementing various HR initiatives and administrative projects as directed by the Head of HR. Depending on their capability and experience they may also be required to provide recommendations for improvements to HR administrative and operational processes and to support the implementation of these improvements
- Documenting minutes and actions from meetings within the meetings including confidential meetings (e.g. disciplinary or performance review meetings for HR function)
- Coordinating development and distribution of presentations, reports and minutes.
- Supporting the creation and management of company records, including:
- management of employee records and headcount reporting
- defining and implementing appropriate processes and structures for paper and electronic document filing
- maintaining up to date HR data for staff in the region
Admin & HR Projects:
- Undertaking small projects to support new initiatives or to identify and implement improved HR processes e.g. improved booking and communication of holiday and other leave.
- Assisting with any other ad hoc reports and special projects as required.
Recruitment & Onboarding:
- Supporting recruitment management and production of offer letters, contracts and other follow up with candidates.
- Supporting offer letters and contract development and administration using approved templates
- Facilitate smooth onboarding process for new employees
- Support for staff exits ensuring compliance with process.
Policies and Procedures:
- Monitoring and dissemination of HR Policies, Procedures and Standards across the Region; and support the Head of HR in developing HR policies as directed
- In collaboration with the Head of HR, provide technical support in ensuring that Country and Regional managers maintain all required statutory labor requirements
- Support managers in reviewing and harmonizing staff regulations for local staff as needed maintaining a register of approved National staff regulations.
- Advise managers on interpreting matters of HR policy and procedures.
- Supporting the coordination and management of performance appraisal process.
- Support in coaching, supporting and advising managers and staff in performance management including handling misconduct and other forms of grievances.
- Support management in nurturing a working environment which enables effective performance and compliance of set standards of discipline.
- Providing first line HR advice to Country Managers, escalating more complex and potentially serious issues to the Head of HR in a timely fashion.
- Communicate to staff matters of policy and procedures keeping them informed of new developments.
- Follow up with Country Managers on HR e-mails sent from Head office for action to ensure completion.
- Facilitate effective consultation and good working relationships with both management and staff.
REQUISITE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum three years’ experience in HR in small to medium sized offices
- Minimum of bachelor degree in social sciences. Second degree and qualifications a plus.
- Working knowledge and expertise in dealing with production of report writing.
- Significant experience in using the Microsoft Office suite, including production of presentations and spreadsheets.
- Experience of recording accurate and comprehensive minutes of complex meetings.
- Experience in undertaking simple research projects on the internet.
- Professional manner and customer service orientation in dealing with clients, staff, suppliers and a variety of inquirers.
- Demonstrated organization and problem solving skills.
- Strong self-starter able to perform tasks with minimal input and supervision.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
- A commitment to model and articulate MicroEnsure’s, vision and Core Values.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to MicroEnsure career website on www.linkedin.com to apply