Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
Vacancy: Human Resource and Administration Officer
Job Ref: ICPAK 002/2016
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008.
Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Job Summary: The Human Resource and Administration Officer is responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring, administration support, employee welfare, workplace health & safety, and employee counseling.
Job Profile: The Human Resource and Administration Officer shall report to the Manager, Human Resource and Administration through the Assistant Manager, Human Resource and Administration and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Administration of Employee Data & HRIMS
- Maintain and regularly update all employee records to ensure that all pertinent information is captured in the database as well as their personal files
- Implement HR module on ERP by ensuring HR processes are done through the Navision ERP
- Administration of Internship and Short Term Recruitments
- Connect with learning institutions to get C.V’s that will aid in getting the interns and casuals that fit the line managers specifications
- Coordinating interviews for the interns and casuals between the line managers
- Placement of interns and casuals and ensure they have appropriate working tools and also follow up to ensure they acquire necessary skills
- Work Environment, Health and Safety
- Coordinate employee satisfaction and work environment surveys
- Coordinate all health and safety meetings and continuously update members of the committee on the progress
- Keep health and safety records which include accident and incident summary reports, minutes of health and safety, and all health and safety regulation policies
- Conduct at least one fire drill annually to check on proper evacuation procedure,
- Ensure Training of first aiders and fire marshals is done and refresher courses
- Administration of Insurance
- Initiate procurement process for timely renewal of insurance covers Regularly communicate with the insurance providers to update the records and the scope of cover
- Update the insurer of any accident or incident for their relevant action
- Working closely with insurers and service providers on staff medical scheme
- Other Human Resource Functions
- Assist in the HR team in the administration of recruitment exercises
- Assist in the HR team in the Coordination of staff social functions Assist the HR team in organizing for staff induction and staff orientation programmes.
Qualifications and experience
- Academic Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in relevant social science area
- Professional qualifications: Diploma in Human Resource Management or Certification Courses in Human Resource Management
- Additional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Membership to IHRM will be an added advantage Key Competencies
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Must be computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Should be a self starter and go getter
- The ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints without close supervision
- Drive for results and achievement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in MS word or pdf format clearly indicating the position applied for, current and expected salary to the following: [email protected] Applications should be received on or before close of business on Friday 11th March, 2016.