Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting date: Immediate.
Cellulant is a digital payments business. We run an ecosystem of consumers, merchants and banks in which we facilitate payments and build value through the value-added services we layer on top. In building this ecosystem we serve different types of customers with different products, in a range that includes mobile banking products, mobile credit products, USSD, SMS, and digital content. We are currently serving merchants and banks across 10 countries, and a wide set of industries
Our true competitive advantage lies in the ecosystem we are building – if we do a good job over the next few years, it will be the glue* that will connect everyone to everything – every consumer to every business in Africa. We will glue together hundreds of thousands of businesses to an increasingly significant number of mobile consumers. Face of success shall be 100m active consumers spending $50-$100 on a few hundred thousand businesses connected to our payments ecosystem.
To be able to meet these aggressive growth expectations we need to grow our dynamic team. We invite you to be part of that growth by submitting your application to the following role. The position holder will be responsible for ensuring that banks are successfully engaged with the Cellulant products and services.
The HR function, is led by the Human Resources Manager, who manages the HR Officers, Intern, and Training Manager. Broadly, the goal of our HR team is to recruit and retain, on an equitable basis, a vibrant and motivated workforce, with an appropriate skills mix, committed to fulfilling the goals of the organization within the wider strategic plan.
Cellulant is seeking an Intern to work with the Head of HR and the Human Resources Officer. You will be responsible for assisting the team with the tasks below including contributing to special projects as assigned. This opportunity will help you to gain valuable experience and skills in HR, while being supported by the team.
Responsibilities for the HR Intern
- Assist with recruitment activities and coordination which may include meeting
- Compliance/procurement requirements
- Provide support in administering HR policies and procedures
- Contribute to the development/maintenance of HR information systems
- Assist in maintaining HR records (electronic and otherwise)
- Provide HR Training support
- Manage the on-line leave system
- Be responsible for collecting/collating absence records
- Photo-copying and filing as required
- Assist with special projects and other duties, which will require report writing
- Other reasonably required duties
HR Intern Qualifications
- Degree in any business related course
- Diploma in HR
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office- Excel, Word, Power point
- A candidate who is personable and able to comfortably & pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Detail oriented person
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Professional and ethical person
- Conversant with Kenyan labor law
What do we offer you?
When working at Cellulant*, you can expect to work on a diverse range of problems, with inspiring and creative colleagues. You will have ample opportunities for growth and career development, and we highly value continuous learning. We offer you a challenging position in which you will be rewarded for performance.
How to Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an e-mail with your CV and transcripts to [email protected] The selection process entails an oral interview stage, followed by a case study presentation and a final interview. The deadline for application is 23rd December 2016. Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted