Our client is a leading player in construction and public works in Africa with offices in several countries in the continent.
They seek to hire a competent HR Manager who will be tasked with executing the HR functions in the company. He or she will be a relay between the local office in Kenya, the Regional HR Coordinator and the HR headquarter on HR matters.
HR Manager Job Responsibilities
- Partner with Administrative and Finance Director and Branch Manager to develop and drive the HR strategy by developing and executing on various HR initiatives.
- Create an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, and balancing business needs with employee needs.
- Provide timely and creative HR solutions to meet business needs. Needs to be able to work in ambiguous situations to provide counsel and direction.
- Manage the execution of annual HR processes such as compensation planning, performance feedback, training nominations, etc.
- Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and employees that further the company’s mission, values and strategic direction.
- Develop university / recruitment firm partnership to provide efficiency to recruitment needs
Manage the entire recruitment process
- Create and maintain staff records (contracts, end of fixed term contracts and probation periods)
- Ensure compliance with the labour laws
- Coordinate and manage external relations (Ministry of Labour, Union Workers, Insurance)
Qualifications for the HR Manager Job
- Degree in Human Resource Management.
- Master’s Degree is desired
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in a similar capacity
- Experience in Construction industry is an added advantage
- Ability to manage and resolve a caseload of sensitive employee matters in a construction environment.
- MUST have handled a workforce of at least 200
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and achieve results in a fast-paced, heavily-distributed team environment
- Ability to manipulate and analyze HR data and drive solutions or recommendations based on data insights
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR laws and exposure in an ISO triple certification environment is highly desired.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HR Manager – Construction) to [email protected] before 18th October 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process