Taita-Taveta County is a county of Kenya. It lies approximately 200 km northwest of Mombasa and 360 km southeast of Nairobi. The capital is Mwatate, although it is the fourth largest town in the county after Voi, Wundanyi and Taveta in that order.
HR Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out staff audits identifying gaps and developing optimal staffing level in the County;
- Preparing the budget for the HRM function;
- Administration of staff payroll, on-boarding of new staff preparing and distributing staff handbooks and other HR materials;
- Assisting in all administrative activities related to medical aid insurance health & safety staff retirement benefits, house-keeping and leave administration among others;
- Ensure correct interpretation of human resource policies rules regulations labour laws and other relevant statutes;
- Establishing performance management systems;
- Ensuring compliance with public service Values and Principles of Government in Counties;
- Establishing records management systems and organizing for transfer of all human resource records from both national and local authorities;
- Drafting job descriptions in consultation with heads of departments;
- Promoting quality diversity and inclusiveness as part of the culture of the organization;
- Performing any other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the HR Officer Job
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from the Institute of Human Resource
- Management will be an added advantage
- Experience in Human
- Resource Management will be an added advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Rounded experience and knowledge of labor laws, procedures and policies;
- Computer literate;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Secretary County Public Service Board Private Bag Voi
Or hand delivered at the County Public Service Board Offices at Maghamba Plaza Ground Floor, Opposite Kenya Power and Lighting Company.
All applications with copies of National ID card, academic, professional and all other relevant testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 18th April, 2017 latest 4.30 pm.-
All candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of chapter six. In their applications, they should attach valid
Clearance Certificates from the:-
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC),
Kenya National Police Service (Certificate of Good Conduct)
Kenya Revenue Authority tax Clearance (KRA tax clearance certificate)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
-Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted -Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified.