HSE Officer Job in Eldoret, Kenya
Salary: 50k – 60k
Our client is a provider of fully integrated liquid logistics solutions to the petroleum and chemical industries. They are looking to hire someone who can carry out the day to day operations of HSE department and contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support.
HSE Officer Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned.
Qualification & Skills for HSE Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in mechanical / chemical engineering or a related field.
- Diploma or certification in fire and safety from recognized institution in Kenya
- A valid driving License.
- Knowledge about defensive driving, IVMS monitoring, permit to work, vehicle inspection and incident investigation.
- 2-3 year working experience in the oil and gas.
- Lubricants product knowledge
- Must have good communication Skills.
- Articulate and confident presentation skills.
- Basic computer application (outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint).
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HSE officer Job) to [email protected] before Saturday 28th May 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV