Our client The Brooke East Africa is an animal welfare charity whose mission is to improve the welfare of working donkeys, horses and mules.
The Brooke currently seeks to recruit a Human Resource and Administration Officer for an initial 2 year national appointment, based in Nairobi.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead in recruitment, induction, performance management, training and development.
- Spearhead health, safety and coordinate security in Brooke East Africa.
- Facilitate the movement of employees, materials and other official resources from office to the field and vice versa, as well as ensure that the office facility and the office assets are well secured and maintained.
- Process service contracts for provision of professional services
- Facilitate procurement of goods and materials in such a way that there is timely, availability of purchases/supplies/services to all users.
- Make good stewardship decisions around the use of policies, procedures, business facilities and resources such as transport and accommodation during official travel.
- Make stewardship decisions when handling HR matters and administrative functions so as to ensure integrity, cost effectiveness and accountability of process.
Summary of Qualifications
- At least a first Degree (Bachelors) in Human Resource Management, Business Administration with a higher diploma in human resource management.
- At least 7yearsrelevant experience working with an international NGO in a similar role.
- Competencies in safety management/ Administration.
- A registered member of IHRM.
How to Apply
All interested and eligible candidates for the advertised positions should email us their application letter, CV including 3 referees and updated documents to [email protected] not later than 14th October, 2016. Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.