Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Organisation: Steel and Tube Industries Limited (STIL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Steel and Tube Industries Limited (STIL) is one of the leading and most reliable manufacturer and supplier of Steel profile in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertake duties supporting the recruitment and selection function including placing adverts; pre-employment checks; reference checks; arranging short-listing and interview packs; contacting candidates and managers; and any other associated duties
• Carry out administrative duties supporting various HR processes including leave; job evaluation; probation procedure; other terms and conditions of employment.
• Carry out administrative duties to support in the delivery of a health and safety principles within the organization including the provision of statistical accident information; maintaining records on health and safety trainings undertaken
• Conduct duties supporting the organization’s training and development culture including the collation of learning needs from individuals’ appraisals and the collation of information relating to the evaluation of training.
• Offer general clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Department; compose and type letters, memoranda, and other correspondence related to assigned human resources programs and activities; prepare a variety of reports including technical reports and status reports pertaining to human resource management programs and activities
• The incumbent will be dealing with external matters such as liaison on behalf of the company to third parties such as Landlords, Contractors and other business linkages and assist management in negotiating agreements and overseeing the contractual relationships with vendors/contractors to ensure vendor/contractor performance under these agreements
• Understand, implement and maintain all ISO systems in the company
• Perform any other duties as they may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a Degree in Human resource management/ Social work
• At least three to five years’ experience in an HR role
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications by hand delivering or send via E-mail. The complete applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic transcripts, names of at least three professional referees and current salary details: The Human Resources Manager, Steel and Tube Industries Limited, P.O. Box 33784, Kampala, Uganda.
Deals House, Jinja Road Nakawa Industrial Area, Plot 38-40, Mukabya Road
E mail to: [email protected]