M-Pesa Foundation Academy
Recruitment of top talent for a world-class education institution
Our client, the M-PESA Foundation Academy is a state of the art, mixed boarding high school that will provide world-class Kenyan education.
The Academy will admit its first cohort of Form One students in 2016. It is in this view that the M-PESA Foundation Academy is seeking to recruit dynamic individuals with exceptional skills in the following capacities:
Human Resource Associate
The Human Resource Associate will provide support in the various human resource activities, which include recruitment, training and development, performance monitoring and HR Administration for The Academy.
- Providing support to the management and all staff on various HR aspects including performance management, personnel administration, rewards, industrial relation, HR procedures, leave management; counselling, grievance management and separation;
- Providing HR administration support to management in areas of promotions, staff title changes and bank letters;
- Maintaining staff records and data both on manual files and in the HRIS as well as generating reports and staff data analysis e.g. productivity analysis;
- Coordinating selection, recruitment, induction, on-boarding of staff and processing forms for exiting staff;
- Managing the payroll system including preparing payroll documents and submitting to payroll department;
- Maintaining the attendance and leave management system to ensure it is updated; and
- Coordinating quarterly staff meetings, schedule team building and attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field from a recognized institution;
- At least 3 years of related human resource experience;
- Effective interpersonal and strong communication skills (oral and written);
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment; and
- Experience in use of HRIS and strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
How to Apply
The ideal candidates must embody Excellence, Responsible Citizenship, Curiosity, Accountability, Leadership and Innovation – the values that will drive life across all elements of The Academy for educators, learners, and staff. If you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please email a cover letter and your CV quoting the reference number of the job you are applying for in your email to [email protected]e on or before 2nd October 2015 addressed to: The Director
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Email : [email protected]
About us: The vision of the Academy is to develop transformational leaders through innovative approaches to education. The core curriculum of the Academy is the 8-4-4 curriculum. The academic concepts shall be covered in exciting and innovative ways.
Great focus will be given to entrepreneurship and leadership, giving the students time to learn outside the classroom, explore the arts and take part in sports.
The Academy will serve talented but economically disadvantaged students with demonstrated leadership potential.
The Academy will cultivate the students’ abilities to innovate irrespective of their academic strengths or weaknesses.
As such, students will work with teachers and one another to design projects that can solve real world challenges. Students who graduate from the Academy will be leaders in their fields of interest such as business, academia, politics, sports and the arts.
They will be the entrepreneurs and community leaders who will drive Kenya forward.