Our Client is in the Automobile Industry currently recruiting a Human Resource Manager. The Human Resources Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office. He would manage the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Manager also carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
Human Resource Manager Job Responsibilities
- Vendor Management, Vendor Bills- Verification, approval, Disbursement, Budget planning & monitoring, Transportation Management (Staff, guest, Senior Management, airport transfers), Canteen availability of food, Tea, Coffee, utensils, crockery & maintaining the quality, Security manpower arrangement and management for DML, Security Management for Masaki Office and Masaki House. Welfare- Uniform, Safety shoes, Guest House Management- Maintenance & availability of resources. (Groceries for breakfast, toiletries etc.), Guest Management- Vehicle, Food & hotel booking, Event Coordination, House Keeping audits, Stationary arrangement, Monitoring Work Permits and VISA, Ensuring timely agreement renewals for guest house, expat accommodation. Managing support staff (Security staff, drivers etc.). Oversee due diligence, preparation of transfer/promotion/termination letters, Terminal Dues, Severance Dues, Leave Dues, Retirement Dues, etc.
HRIS / MIS
- Oversee all staff record-keeping, paper files, leave/absence tracking, overtime, and any other requirements to comply with local ELRA and internal audit obligations.
- HR Information System (HRIS): Oversee online resources, systems and intranets for internal distribution, access to information, generation of reports or any other centralized system relevant to employees or HR matters.
Time and Attendance Management
- Maintains the Time and Attendance (T&A) system by monitoring hours worked and other employee data on a daily basis.
- Reviews hours’ reports received by Biometric Machine, prepares discrepancy reports, and follows up with team leaders on missing information.
- Verifies that all hours and other data have been accurately input and downloads the information to Payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Compiles, copies, and sends documentation to corporate team.
- Prepares reports for team leaders and managers to aid in the tracking of attendance and Leave.
- Office discipline late coming, absenteeism, absconding, warning letters.
Labour Law and statutory compliances
- Leads company’s compliances with all existing governmental and labour legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Department of Labour, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Ensure Statutory Compliances as per labour laws and employment act are adhered. Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approves all information submitted. Serves as the primary contact with the company employment law attorney and outside government agencies.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Minimizes risk.
- Negotiating and finalizing of trade union contracts. Attend to Labor Union related activities, events and meetings including minute-writing, actionable items, and swift escalation to management to mitigate risks.
- Represent Company in Labor Union negotiations and inputs in Collective Bargaining/Workers’ Agreements.
- Manage and maintain strong relationship between Worker, Union and Corporate Management ensuring credibility, fairness, communication and mutual satisfaction.
- Understand the binding nature, terms and obligations of the Trade Union agreements, including other external employee services instituted such as Saccos.
- Establish relationships with the Ministry of Labour and Tanzania Employers Association to gain guidance and direction in matters of trade disputes, occupational accidents and other industrial relations matters.
Recruitment and Retention Talent acquisition
Managing talent and succession planning, manpower planning, preparing job description with the help of managers, campus placement; taking overall responsibility of recruitment activity i.e. Sourcing prospective candidates through various modes such as agency job portals web site-internal reference – databank. Identifying various innovative means of identifying and acquiring talent.
Post Recruitment Formalities
- Conducting Joining formalities of employees and ensuring that they settle down after joining, coordinating induction of New Joinees, user ID creation form Sending Business Card Requisition, coordinating with Bank Authorities for Opening salary account of New Joinees.
Training and Development
- Assist in planning, coordination and facilitation of training programs, as directed. Identify training needs and areas of improvement of employees. Implementing training agenda interface with various external vendors for the implementation of corporate training.
- Obtain inputs and insights from line Managers on competency gaps, extract professional development objectives from performance evaluations, and accordingly feed needs to the Training & Development team.
Compensation and Benefit
- Assist corporate team in salary process. Make all necessary coordination to make a smooth and efficient operation. Provide accurate payroll inputs on time, Ensuring timely salary payments for all the staff and consultants. Ensuring all the formalities and documentation related to full and final settlements.
- In conjunction with General Manager and Head of HR develop and implement Job Structures (Banding) Matrix of salary scales to ensure equitable and fair pay structures. This should reflect country-specific compensation values according to job description and levels, and be reviewed periodically as required.
- Oversee research of industry and market salary surveys to align compensation and benefits both to market and company budget, and manage retention by remaining competitive in the market.
- Oversee employee benefit programs ensuring these are competitive and cost effective. Prepare background information for staff salary administration & other related functions.
- Managing disputes, complaints, and grievances of all staff and resolve the issue in minimum time. To foster a conducive working environment through employee relations activities and communication.
- Compile all data needed for the annual salary review, and the annual performance appraisal analysis. Assist in quarter/Annual review and prepare Quarter/Annual review reports. Develop tools for appraisal, job evaluation and development.
- Plan and execute employee engagement interventions for staff in DML.
Reward and Recognition
- Managing the reward and recognition program established at DML. Identifying various creative means to reward and recognize employees in the organization.
- Liaise with other functional / departmental head so as to understand necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements.
- 5S coordination.
- MIS- Monthly Reports generation.
- Budget Planning & monitoring.
- Monitoring and reducing costs
- Managing all employee records and other HR documents.
Grievance & Disciplinary
- Resolve issues and disputes, and provide counselling and ensure alignment with ELRA directives, as required.
- Facilitate resolution of specific disciplinary or grievance cases, and ensure proceedings are carried out in line with company policy and ELRA.
- Escalate incidences of harassment, misconduct, theft or pilferage swiftly and in accordance with the disciplinary policy and process of the Company and ELRA.
- Ensure Disciplinary Policy and Harassment Policy are established and strictly enforced at all times.
- Participate in activities related to investigations, gathering evidence, providing records or any other matters related to arbitration, mediation or litigation. At all times confidentiality must be strictly maintained.
- Handling HR audits and other audits related to HR (NSSF, WCF etc.) TS/ISO, EHS/OHSAS Audits documentation.
- Assisting Managers and heads of all the departments as and when required
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the reporting manager and management
Requirements for the Human Resource Manager Job
- Masters in a Relevant Course
- 6-7 Years Experience
- Experience in managing HR functions i.e. Administration, Transport, Time and Attendance, Performance Management, Recruitment and Selection, Training, Employee Engagement, Employee Grievance, HRIS and MIS
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Candidates worked in Manufacturing and Automobile would be preferred.
How to Apply
If you feel you fit the above role ,please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to j[email protected]We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing.Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.For unsolicited applications,please send your CV to [email protected]