The Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI) is a state corporation established under the State Corporations Act, (CAP 446) through Legal Notice No. 223 and
operating under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, The State Department of Livestock mandated with the production, manufacturing, research and marketing of veterinary vaccines. In order to strengthen the corporate strategy and our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following position.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Human Resources and Management Officer shall be responsible for all matters relating to efficient, effective and sustainable
engagement, utilization and improvement of the Institute’s human resources capital, including the development of succession planning systems and implementation of appropriate management and administrative decisions based on clearly defined Institutional and government policies and legislative guidelines and regulations.
Human Resource Management Officer Job Responsibilities
- Preparation and implementation of Human Resource Management polices and ensure adherence to procedures, rules and regulations.
- Human Resource planning, recruitment, discipline, promotion, transfer, separation, negotiation, etc
- Introduce system management practices that will facilitate effective and efficient management of the human resources.
- Ensure proper budgeting, resource allocation and utilization in the division.
- Develop regulatory framework and standards to promote understanding and commitment to positive values in the human resources.
- Update the existing rules and regulations in line with the changing environment.
- Setting human resources standards and providing advice on the implementation
Qualifications for the Human Resource Management Officer Job
- Bachelors degree in any of the Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Human Resource Management, Business Management/Administration, Industrial Relations/Labour Laws, Public
- Administration or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Current Registration certificate with the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPS)
- At least Five years experience in a Senior Management position.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Application should be accompanied with Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents; a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current position, remuneration, email and other contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and email address) of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Report from the Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked ‘Application for the position of…………………….. Ref. No…. Applications must be received on or before Friday, 16th December 2016 at 12 noon. Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute P.O. BOX 53260 00200 Head Office, Embakasi off Enterprise Road, Road A, NAIROBI, KENYA