Human Resource Officer Job at Water Services Regulatory Board, Kenya
The Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB) is a statutory body charged with economic and service regulation of the water services sector.
WASREB sets rules, standards and guidelines to ensure that water services are provided in an effective and efficient manner with a view to protecting consumer interests.
To strengthen our institutional capacity, we wish to recruit highly motivated professionals to fill the following positions:
Human Resource Officer
- This Position is responsible for developing, advising on and implementing policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organization.
- He/ she will assist the Human Resources Manager in executing the HR and Administration Functions
Human Resource Job Key Duties
- Administer and monitor utilization of the organisations staff leave benefits to ensure that compliance with the applicable internal policies and legislation.
- Manage the organisations medical and welfare scheme in line with established policies.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, induction and reference checks for new employees so as to ensure compliance with applicable legislation and internal policies.
- Maintain and update the staff database (manual and electronic) so as to ensure accessibility of up to date staff data.
- Monitor and follow-up the performance management activities/calendar to ensure adherence by staff and management to timelines.
- Review and update HR and administrative forms in line with HR policies.
- Take part in the staff disciplinary process in line with the organisations disciplinary code.
- Provide support to management and staff on the interpretation of HR policies to ensure appropriate application of the policies and safeguard the Corporation’s and staff interests’
- Monitor implementation of staff development programs to ensure staff and management accomplish their development plans satisfactorily.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes/Skills)
Academic Qualifications for Human Resource Job
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, human resource, economics or related field from a recognized university
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Diploma in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage
- Registration with the relevant professional body will be an added advantage
Previous relevant work experience required
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
Functional Skills and behavioral Competencies/Attributes
- Knowledge of Kenya Labor Laws
- Creativity and innovation
- Excellent writing, Oral communication, Analytical and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Persuasion, negotiation, Planning and organizing skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel
- IT Savvy
- Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya (2010) requirements;
Applicants must also submit copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (CID)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Human Resource Manager.
How to Apply
- The closing date is 4th July 2016 at 5 pm.
- Applications must be sent via email to [email protected] with ONLY THE JOB TITLE as spelt out in this advert as the subject line.