Human Resource Manager- Telecommunications Job
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our client is a communications infrastructure company whose core business is to provide innovative products, solutions and services that build, support and maintain telecommunication networks. They seek to hire a Human Resource Manager to head the Human Resources Function.
HR Manager Job Key Responsibilities
- Develop and implement HR Strategies, policies & processes aligned with the organization’s corporate strategy, goals and targets for talent management and organizational development.
- Effectively lead, advise and guide management; stakeholders and employees on people issues
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Implement a Training and Development program and integrate the same with performance and talent management system.
- Provide expertise and professional advice to all line managers on best practice, policies and procedures for recruitment, new staff induction & confirmation, staff training & development, performance appraisal & management, retention and motivation of staff at all levels.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with labor laws and statutory requirements
- Develops and maintains a human resource system that meets top management information needs.
- Forecast Future manpower requirements and advice top management on the same.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Coordinate implementation of all phases of recruitment from advertising, screening, short listing, interviewing, reference checks, orientation and final job placement.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Ensure planning, monitoring and appraisal of employee work results by line managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances and counseling employees.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Prepares and implements the Human Resource Department’s budget
- Continually review and update the employees reward package to be commensurate with the industry rates.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism, employee turnover and low morale among the workforce.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, recruitment firms etc
Qualifications for HR Manager Job
- Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- A member of Institute Of Human Resource Management (IHRM K)
- Over 5 years progressive experience as a Human Resource Manager
- Should proficiently possess technical skills, soft skills, hard skills, interpersonal and management skills
- Capable of coaching, Mentoring and training
- Firm and systematic
- Strong communication skills and excellent inter-personal skills
- High level understanding of planning, forecasting and strong financial experience
- Knowledge of the labor legislation governing the labor market. (OSHA, WIBA and Kenya Employment Act.)
- Tactical focus, flexible & change maker;
- Leadership through influence and effective conflict resolution;
- Should have a good track record and of unquestionable integrity
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Human Resource Manager -Telecommunications) to vacancie[email protected] before Monday 6th June 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted