Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Finance and Administration
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Human Resource Manager will primarily manage and implement NITA-U’s Human Resource Management and development programs in line with the labour laws, the HRMM and best practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Offer professional (technical) support and advice to all stakeholders (Management, staff, and Board Committees) in line with NITA-U Strategic Plan and HR Policy;
• The incumbent will draw work targets for the HR in line with Human Resource Strategic Plan;
• Plan, budget and account for resources for Human Resource activities in line with NITA-U Strategic Plan;
• Oversee the performance, training and development of staff in line with the Human Resource Policy;
• The incumbent will be tasked with positioning NITA-U as the employer of choice by implementing contemporary cost-effective HRM practices in line with the HRMM and the relevant laws of Uganda;
• Manage the implementation of procedures for recruitment, confirmation, promotion, discipline and grievances in line with relevant Human Resource policies;
• Regularly review and monitor performance management and control systems and recommend changes in light of changing environment in accordance with Human Resource policy;
• Develop and oversee the implementation of mechanisms that maintain the integrity and systematic flow of HR information and communication;
• Routinely review and guide NITA-U management on optimization of the organizational structure and business model;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should hold a good Master’s degree in Human Resource Management/ Organizational Psychology/Business Administration (HR Option)/ Management and Organizational Development;
• Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and / or professional certification in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage;
• Member of a recognized Human Resource Association in Uganda.
• At least seven years working experience in Human Resource Management of which 3 (three) should have been at a management level.
• Working knowledge of HR Information Systems and Computer applications;
• Detailed knowledge of best practices in Human Resource Management;
• Change Management Skills;
• Ability to work calmly under the stress of conflicting deadlines and assignments as well as strong emotional maturity;
• Significant experience in advising and supporting users, and management in the development, implementation of HR Policies in a busy and large organization
• Broad working knowledge of Labour laws of Uganda;
• Excellent organizational, attention to detail and coordination skills
• Ability to build, lead, and work with teams, exercise good judgment and maintain complete confidentiality;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (counselling skills shall be an added advantage)
• Good leadership and supervisory skills;
• Excellent negotiation Skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: [email protected] (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 30th September, 2015 (Not later than 17.00 hrs. Local Time).
NB: No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (refer to above).