Human Resource Officer – Building & Construction Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Industry: Building and Construction
Our client is in the construction industry specializing in architectural aluminum systems, steel casements and all types of buildings. They have recently expanded to production of laminated, sandblasted, fused, etched, bent and polished glass. They seek to hire a Human Resource officer to develop, advice on and implement policies relating to the effective use of personnel within the organization.
HR Officer Job Key Responsibilities
- working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Provide advice and support to supervisors and staff selection committee.
- Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions and ensure that accurate job descriptions and specifications are in place.
- negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff and representatives
- Training and development of all staff, new and current as well as outgoing.(Exit staff)
negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff and representatives
- advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer’s own employment policies and procedures
- Monitor staff performance through conducting performance appraisals and giving feedback.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and Council on human resource and work related issues
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies and procedures
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of Services.
- Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures
- promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization
Qualifications and Skills for HR Officer Job
- Must have a degree or a Higher diploma in Human Resource Management
- At least 3 years experience in HR
- Must have proficient knowledge in human resource management, Training and performance reviews.
- Must have computer skills including the ability to operate spread sheets and word processing programs at a highly efficient level.
- effective written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals ,policies and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills, and analytical skills
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Human Resource Officer – Building and Construction) to [email protected] before Friday 27th May 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager, Corporate staffing Services
4th Floor, Mayfair Suites, Westlands