The Board covers the six counties of Murang’a, Nyeri, Kirinyaga, Embu, Tharaka-Nithi and Meru with its Head Office in Nyeri town.
The Board invites qualified personnel to fill the following vacant position:
Human Resource Officer
Reporting to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, the Human Resource Officer is responsible for supporting the human resources division on development, reviewing and implementation of Human Resource policies, strategies, programmes and procedures to support TWSB’s Strategic goals and objectives to enhance individual and organizational performance and growth.
The specific duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Implementing Human Resource Management policies, rules and regulations
- Coordinating the implementation of Performance Management including Performance Appraisal System and the Reward and Sanction Framework
- manage monthly payroll, the Board’s medical and pension schemes, staff welfare and timely submission of statutory deductions in line with established policies and regulations
- Ensuring compliance with labour Laws
- Administer and monitor utilization of the organization’s staff leave to ensure compliance with the applicable internal policies and legislation
- Maintain and update the staff database (Manual and electronic)
- Handle administrative issues
- Facilitating staff development programs and prepare training programs to ensure staff and management accomplish their development plans satisfactorily
- Prepare relevant progress and annual reports on the performance of the Board
- Coordinate implementation of quality management system within the division
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences/Business Administration or a related field from a recognized university or a Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Must be a current member of Institute of Human Resource Management, Kenya (IHRM) Kenya
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- At least 5 years working experience in Human Resources of which 2 must be in a supervisory level for degree holders or 7 years of which 2 must be in supervisory level for holders of Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- A holder of masters’ degree in Business Human Resource Management or related field will have an added advantage.
Competences / attributes
- Knowledge of Kenya Labour Laws
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong counselling and problem solving skills
- Discretion and confidentiality.
This position is on a permanent and pensionable terms.
How to Apply
- Those who meet the specified requirements should send their Application Letter in a sealed Envelope Marked with the Title of the position being applied for; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of Academic Certificates and National Identity /Passport.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to show proof of valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Credit Reference Bureau and Compliance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC).
- The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 29th of July, 2016 at close of business (5pm).
- The Chief Executive Officer Tana Water Services Board Baden Powell Road P. O. Box 1292 – 10100 Nyeri – Kenya
- Sealed Hand-Delivered Applications can be dropped at the Registry – Tana Water Services Board (TWSB) MAJI House, Baden Powel Road.
- Applicants may alternatively choose to email their Applications to: – [email protected] with the title of the position being applied for as the subject.
- NB: Candidates are expected to state their current and expected salary
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- TWSB is an equal opportunity employer and people of all diversities are encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.