The Catholic Diocese of Muranga is seeking an individuals to fill the following position.
Human Resource Officer
Purpose of the position: The Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counseling.
Scope: The Human Resource Officer will provide advice and assistance to the CDM Secretariat. He will also offer advice assistance to the various functions in the Diocese that participate in Human Resource Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the CDM Secretariat in developing skills and capabilities of staff.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of Human Resource policies in the Diocese.
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place and are updated regularly and appropriately
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used for the entry and exit of the staff.
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations for staff working in the Diocesan offices.
- Identify training and development opportunities for staff and assist in organizing staff trainings, workshops and activities.
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans in the Diocese, and in the various functions that have HR.
- Maintain and manage employees’ HR files.
- Provide advice and recommendations on industrial relations and disciplinary actions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Requirement for Appointment
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management, First degree in Relevant area will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in active Human Resource Department
- Recommendation letter from the Parish Priest
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Has good interpersonal
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to:- Coordinator – Catholic Secretariat Catholic Diocese of Murang’a P.O Box 734-10200 Muranga To reach him on or before 12th September 2015 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted