Human Resource Officer
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
Overall Responsibilities: To manage the Human Resource function and support Cap Youth Empowerment Institute in building and maintaining a highly skilled, competent, committed and productive workforce that subscribes to the organization’s core values.
- Develop and streamline HR practices and policies in line with the organization’s strategy.
- Plan and coordinate staff retreats/team building activities.
- Coordinate the staff recruitment process.
- Ensure effective management of the employment contracting process.
- Review staff Job descriptions.
- Prepare & facilitate new hire orientation programme.
- Coordinate the annual staff performance appraisal process.
- Assist in administrative duties of the appraisal and salary review.
- Manage staff confirmations in line with the employment contracts.
- Organize and maintain all personnel records and files.
- Identify and follow up on HR Issues that arise during the staff and management meetings.
- Take an active role in creating a safe and healthy work environment.
- Prepare monthly reports for submission to Executive Director & Senior Finance & Admin Manager.
- Maintain updated records of leave balances for all staff.
- Overseeing the clearance of terminated employees, as per organization’s policies and procedures.
- Facilitate periodic review and update of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Provide input on Human Resource aspects on organizational processes such as strategic planning, proposal development, and general business management.
- Implement CAPYEI HR Strategy
- Handle monthly payroll inputs, reviewing and monitoring monthly payroll changes.
- Carry out periodic staff development and training needs assessment.
- Attend to and advise management on industrial relations.
- Coordinate employee related legal issues and advise management on appropriate course of action.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration/Human Resource management or related field
- At least three (3) years of experience as a Human Resource Generalist.
- Advanced/Higher Diploma in Human Resource
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- High computer skills, HRIS skills, proficiency in MS Office.
- Ready to work under pressure.
- Basic counseling, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Must be flexible, resilient and self-controlled.
How to Apply
This position is on full time basis.
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV & Cover Letter to [email protected] by September 25, 2015. Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.