Position Summary: The Human Resource Officer assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruitment and selection; employee contracting; employee data management; employee orientation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for the following areas:
- Oversee the recruitment process by participating in the short listing, scheduling and interviewing process.
- Prepare employee contracts and ensure sign off by employee on HR policies documentation
- Participate and provide administrative support in the employee separation processes including exit interviews
- Responsible for maintain up to date data on HR and preparing weekly and monthly HR reports.
- Undertake reference checks and other background information on selected candidates
- Participating and providing administrative support during grievance and disciplinary matters
- Coordinate the performance assessment process
- Assist in the administration of payroll through providing Finance with necessary documentation and query clarification.
- Participate in the HR orientation process for all new hires.
- Ensure accurate and up to date record keeping of employee data
- Undertake monthly employee file audits to ensure completeness of files.
- Ensure statutory documentation is provided by all employees
Education and experience:
- A degree in Human Resource Management
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Experience with a computerized HRIS system
- Understanding of Kenya labour legislation
Key competencies and attributes:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- High levels of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail, good numerical skills, good data management skills
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected] Please Note: Due the large number of applications we get we are unable to contact all the applicants. If we haven’t contacted you in two weeks it means you application wasn’t successful. However, we will still retain your CV in our database and we will contact you if another suitable position comes up.