Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing human resource and administration policies, strategies, systems and processes aligned to the strategic objectives.
Human Capital Job Responsibilities
- Participate in workforce analysis to minimize duplication of tasks/activities, determine optimum staff numbers and redesign of organization structures
- Participate in recruitment and selection of staff which will involve preparation of job adverts, shortlisting of prospective candidates for interviews and take part in interviews as per the recruitment policy
- Develop orientation programmes and oversee staff induction for new hires
- Conduct training needs assessment for direct reports and coordinate organization wide training needs assessment in liaison with Finance and Administration Manager
- Draft policies and procedures for approval by the Finance and Administration Manager
- In charge of payroll management system which involves consolidation of the monthly payroll for approval by the Finance and Administration Manager
- Provide administrative support to the Finance and Administration Manager in coordinating the performance management system
- Maintain and update employee records and HRIS
- Receive, analyse and follow up to ensure resolution of employee grievances and complaints as per the HR policy
- Manage the staff welfare and benefits requirements in the Centre
- Manage the allocation of office space, lease agreements, and ensure availability of office equipment, furniture and working materials to every member of staff.
- Oversee the filing, storage and security of records as per policy.
- Manage all insurance contracts and ensure that insurance policies are in place at all times.
- Manage the delivery and distribution of mail to all stakeholders – via post, courier or handdelivery by the Drivers.
Qualifications for the Human Capital Officer Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Sociology, Business Administration, HR or other relevant field
- Professional qualification in human resource management
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as IHRM
- At least 6 years human resource management experience gained from reputable organizations, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory position;
- Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills and ability to write complex reports
- Strong Analytical skills
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to send their applications preferably in hard copies. Applications can also be emailed using the email addresses provided. All applications should be received by 9 December 2016. The applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director/CEO The Kenya Cultural Centre P.O. Box 43031 – 00100NAIROBI Email: [email protected] and copy to [email protected]Application submission should include the following: Cover letter, applicant’s CV, copies of relevant certificates and recommendations, names and contacts of three professional referees and a copy of national identity card