Job Title: Human Resources & Administration Manager
Reports to: Country Director
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Job Summary: The Human Resources & Administration Manager will primarily be responsible for the strategic and day-to-day management of the human resource function and oversee TechnoServe/Uganda’s administrative functions and staff to include Human Resources Clerk, reception, drivers, logistics, procurement, office cleaning and general maintenance. The incumbent will work collaboratively with other departments to facilitate participative approaches to the management of human resource and in the provision of administrative support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for strategic human resource planning taking into consideration TechnoServe’s current and expected growth trajectory and aligning these to a clear staffing plan;
• Oversee annual performance appraisal process; ensuring that supervisors provide performance feedback and discussion of the review to all staff. Work with supervisors to ensure that all staff who fail to meet expectations either have counseling and special development plans or performance improvement plans. Ensure that records of all reviews are retained;
• Carry out needs analyses to identify staff knowledge/skill gaps and identify best options to fill the gaps such as coaching, OJT, or classroom and/or online training;
• Occasionally deliver training on topics such as the performance management process, managerial or soft skills and other topics as assigned. Source & support outside vendors as needed;
• In charge of headcount management/reporting (Joiners & Leavers) and update & maintain company org charts & share with program managers. Manage staff exits, pension withdrawals and other exit payment dues;
• Develop a talent management plan (professional development & succession plans); Manage Talent Acquisition to include job description development, advertising and leading targeted searches, short listing and interviewing, carrying out reference checks, and preparing offer letters. Develop and maintain a current database of potential candidates;
• Assist the Country Director in managing compensation in Uganda by conducting annual salary surveys and developing and maintaining a Uganda Compensation Structure; and coordinating the annual salary review, ensuring that all data is correct and all fields fully completed;
• Responsible for the implementation of our new employee on-boarding program for all new hires (obtain new staff ID’s, medical card).;
• Ensure timely issue of new contracts as existing ones expire or manage the separation process;
• Responsible for documenting, interpreting and communicating HR policies and procedures to staff and at all times ensure that TechnoServe Uganda’s employee handbook and practices are compliant with all Uganda labor laws and HR best practices;
• Maintain Human Resource Information System records and compile reports from database. Responsible for ensuring completeness, accuracy and confidential management of employee records;
• Ensure appropriate Safety and Security Guidelines are completed and distributed to all staff and training is conducted for employee safety and security;
• Manage and administer local benefits program e.g. medical cover, insurance, NSSF, Pension Scheme etc. Act as the liaison between local employees and corporate benefits manager;
• Arrange for resident/work permit for expatriates or third country nationals and INGO permit renewal;
• Manage office administration including procurement management in coordination with finance;
• Manage staff working as administrative assistants, front office, office assistants and drivers. This will include performance management, assignment of tasks, managing work flow and other supervisory tasks;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related area. Possession of a post graduate Diploma or Master’s Degree in a relevant area will be an added advantage.
• At least seven years of progressive experience leading Human Resources in a reputable organization (INGO or large private sector).
• Excellent negotiation skills;
• Exceptional communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and teambuilding skills; Ability to advise and influence the leadership team and maintain collaborative partnerships;
• High levels of integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates may apply via email only to the Human Resources Manager at [email protected] with the position title in the subject line of your email and on the application letter. Please submit a resume, cover letter, salary history and the names of three professional references (ideally former supervisors).
Deadline: Friday, 4th September, 2015