The Water Services Regulatory Board (Wasreb) is a statutory body charged with economic and service regulation of the water services sector.
Wasreb sets rules, standards and guidelines to ensure that water services are provided in an effective and efficient manner with a view to protecting consumer interests.
To strengthen our management team, we wish to recruit a highly motivated professional to fill the position of Human Resources & Administration Manager.
Reporting to the Director Corporate Affairs, you will be responsible for the management of Wasreb’s Human Resource function in a manner that ensures the development and implementation of systems, processes and procedures that
facilitate the effective and efficient of management of existing staff and that we can attract and retain the skills required to deliver our mandate.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitating the formulation and continuous review of HR management and administrative policies, procedures and strategies, ensuring they are aligned to the legal framework that governs the Authority.
• Developing guidelines for the implementation of the human resource strategies and policies and building the capacity of line managers to implement.
• Providing leadership in the development and continuous review of an effective organizational structure and annual staff budget that is aligned to the strategic plan
• Working closely with the departmental heads, leading the recruitment and selection process for approved establishment
• Managing the performance management process including facilitating the setting and review of performance objectives, training and development, succession planning and career development
• Implementing terms and conditions of service including salary administration, reward and recognition, pension management and all other staff welfare matters
• Managing employee relations within the Authority including dispute handling and discipline management
• Liaising with relevant government ministries and commissions on all HR matters and advising management on changes affecting/impacting the management of staff
• Providing technical assistance/advisory support to the HR functions of the organizations that we regulate as and when required.
• Maintaining up-to-date staff records including leave, assessments, contracts, etc as required by the Employment Act
• Coordinating the administrative functions i.e. transport, logistics, office services among others in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Preparing and submitting periodic reports to the various stakeholders as necessary
• Performing any duties assigned by management.
Requirement for the position
• A Masters Degree in Human Resource Management/Development or related field from a recognized institution.
• Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management or related field
• Membership of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) in good standing.
• Work experience of at least 8 years with 4 years in senior management in a busy Human Resource department.
• Experience of streamlining policies and procedures as well as change management
• Flexibility to travel throughout the country
• Be a person of high integrity and meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya (2010).
• Desired skills and competencies include: strong management and negotiation skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, and ICT skills.
Terms & Conditions of Service: This position is Permanent & Pensionable.
How to Apply
Your application should include a cover letter that demonstrates why you are the best candidate for the position, a detailed up-to-date CV, photocopies of relevant certificates, testimonials and Chapter 6 requirements, current and expected remuneration package, names, telephone number and email addresses of three professional referees and your e-mail address and telephone number.
Applications must be addressed to the
Chief Executive Officer,
Water Service Regulatory Board
and sent via email to [email protected]
with only ‘HR & ADMIN MANAGER’ as the subject line.
Closing date: Friday 23rd October, 2015 at 5.00 pm
Wasreb is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.