The Office of the Controller of Budget is an independent Office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Its core mandate is to oversee implementation of the budgets of the National and County governments, approve withdrawals from the Consolidated Fund (Article 206), County Revenue Fund (Article 207) and Equalisation Fund (Article 204) and report on Budget Implementation to Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit highly qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant positions.
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Grade COB 5
Reporting to the Chief Manager HR & Administration, the officer will be responsible for review and implementation of Human Resources & Administration policies and strategies.
- Implement and review Human Resources & Administrative policies and strategies;
- Implement performance management system;
- Administer competitive compensation strategies and systems;
- Design the necessary staff database;
- Operationalize the succession plan;
- Maintain and review staff establishment;
- Implement a competitive compensation scheme for staff;
- Implement the staff development plan;
- Implement staff induction, mentoring and coaching policy framework;
- Oversee the management of service providers;
- Ensure proper management of organization’s physical assets;
- Develop and implement of health, safety and environmental policies.
Requirements for the position
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Social Science or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Must have at least 5 years experience in HRM/ Administration;
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Sound knowledge of Labour Laws and Employment Act 2007;
- Must be an active member of a relevant professional body with good standing;
- A Masters degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Social Science or its equivalent from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good corporate governance
- Team player
Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act
Terms and Conditions of Service: Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package and will be appointed on a three (3) year contract term.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, Home County, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card.
You should also give the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Controller of Budget Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue. P.O Box 35616-00100
The closing date is 15th September, 2015.
Only complete applications received by this deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.