Human Resources Assistant Job at African Wildlife Foundation, Kenya
This is a temporary position for 3 – 6 months.
- The Human Resources Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR assistant will carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: contract management, HRIS, employee relations, database and benefits management recruitment, leave administration, and orientation. This is a global position that would support functions across the organization.
HR Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Generates employment offer letters and contracts, including new contracts, amendments, and renewals. Facilitates all signatures, and electronically files fully executed documents.
- Manage physical and electronic filing of the Human Resources Department by ensuring that all files are compliant, up-to-date, and complete.
- Share the HQ filing system with the other offices.
- Coordinates recruitments, posting advertisements, responding to applications, short-listing candidates.
- Perform reference and background checks on selected candidates and provide to supervisor for review.
- Upon recruitment, collect all appropriate employment forms and provide to the finance department.
- Assist in the development of employee materials for on boarding and off boarding. Assists in coordinating new staff meeting schedule with relevant key staff, directors, and (as applicable).
- Tracks other contractual benefits such as expatriate home leave, relocation and repatriation, tax-equity adjustments, acting allowances, etc.
- Ensure timely, consistent and accurate filing of payroll reports, pay slips, backups etc.
- Ensure all payroll byproducts are sent to the appropriate institutions e.g. HELB, Pension remittances, NHIF, NSSF etc • Facilitate wellness and benefit talks with providers.
Database and Website Management
- Database management and run reports as requested.
Assists with annual performance appraisal process.
- Develop and manage an efficient tracking system for employee contracts.
- Carry out monthly maintenance of HR section of AWF Intranet.
- Ensure proper set up of new staff on the unanet system and regular update of the same.
- Assist the HR Manager in compiling, updating and maintaining a detailed benefits schedule for all AWF offices.
- Update HR metrics and dash boards.
- Provide administrative support to the HR department on a daily basis.
- Assist in drafting HR staff announcements.
- Track calendar events for the function.
- Manage events as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications for HR Assistant Job
- Education Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labour or Industrial Relations, Psychology or Sociology from a reputable institution Higher
- Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- 2- 3 years progressive experience in a non-profit organization and/or Human Resources. Proven experience in an international context.
- Previous experience in database management.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills: able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to provide good customer service with patience and a sense of urgency.
- Professional, diplomatic and thoughtful communication skills.
- Strong Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with HRIS systems or able to learn.
- French fluency is desired.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professionalism.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong level of competence with Excel, accounting/HR information systems, and payroll systems.
- Proactivity with a keen desire to improve systems.
- Genuine interest in people.
How to Apply
Click here to apply