Reference Number: HROIS-020915
Category: Human Resources
JOB PURPOSE: To maintain the programme’s Human Resources Management Information System and management of employee details on database, contract management and HR administrative functions.
Head of Human Resources
• Maintain an HR information database solution, taking into account joiners, movers, and leavers.
• Work with IT to ensure all downstream systems are up to date and accurate.
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of HR data.
• Liaise with recruiting departments to ensure that appropriate staff induction programs are in place and that these are carried out according to laid down HR policies and guidelines.
• Track and document staff changes for file and HR information system updates.
• Prepare and submit monthly reports / updates on staff headcount, joiners and leavers, expired contracts, alert on contracts expiring and initiate action where necessary.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent
• Professional HR qualification and membership to a HR body e.g. IHRM, CIPD etc. or equivalent
• Advanced Certificate in computer studies is desirable
• At least 5 years’ experience in HR administration including managing HRIS and databases.
• Knowledge of Kenya laws and practices
• Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
COMPETENCIES AND DESIRABLE QUALITIES:
• Problem solving and decision making
• Good planning, co-ordination and follow through ability
• Proactive with a hands on approach
• Confidentiality and high integrity
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Team working with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Enthusiasm in technology, systems and innovation
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 16th September, 2015.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Click Here to Apply