Fixed-Term Job Vacancy
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking a full-time Office Assistant to assist the Operations Administrator in providing day-to-day facilities support to HRW’s Nairobi office.
The position is an initial fixed-term employment for one year with the possibility of an extension.
- Clean the office space daily including dusting all surfaces, sweeping and mopping floors, wiping the windows, and emptying the bins; Maintain the kitchen and washrooms by and thoroughly cleaning the spaces daily, including washing utensils.
- Track supplies and usage:
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the office Identifying safety measures and report issues to supervisor regarding repairs, supply inventory, etc.:
- Receive visitors and offer hospitality during meetings:
- Process and deliver office mails;
- Provide administrative support such as answering phones, photocopying, filing, and faxing; and
- Carry out other duties as required.
Education: A secondary degree is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Prior cleaning experience, preferably in an office environment, is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Good judgment, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality are required.
- Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
- Ability to withstand moderate amount of physical labour including, but not limited to standing, bending, and lifting and is required,
Other: Applicants for this position must possess current Kenyan work authorization valid for a minimum of two years from start date.
Salary and Benefits: HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
Contact Please submit a cover letter, resume, a brief writing sample (unedited by others), and contact information for three references in English.
How to Apply
- Please submit the entire application in one attached document to [email protected] org
- Please use “Associate REF OPS-16-1018” as the subject of your email
- Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pooh
- Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.